Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i searched but couldnt come up with aything that being said....any estimates on how many seconds this will do a 1/4 mile cuz im doing the math and im coming up with low 11s high 10s what do you guys think of course i cant make this setup for a few years but when i do i want a decent estimate of what im going to be running

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
:lol:

def not on a stock motor or stock transmission....and depends on the size of the turbo

realistically, in the end, it depends on the driver and traction.....

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
Yeah, as Tsop said...traction and driver will make a huge difference.
But lets say you have a decent driver, you should be in the 12's easily. With proper clutch slippage, traction and driver, 11's should be possible. 10's...hmmmm with a hell of a driver, and hooking up real good, maybe, dunno.

Did you look @ the sticky....you can see what everyone is running and hp wise too

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=231138

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T4/T04R with all necisary transmission upgrades VB and the works but what kind of engine upgrades would i need to make to get that to work properly

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
^^ ur gonna need at LEAST a T-66/67mm turbo to get the power, spool up time neccesary to get into the 10's....

all in all, ur looking at spending somewhere roughly about $15k TOTAL turn key (parts/labor) with any of the IS300 specific tuners: Toyomoto, PFS, Turboeast, SRT

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have my own tuner who knows just about everything there is to know about servicing cars i wouldnt trust my car with people i dont know like toyomoto they have good and bad rep same with turboeast id rather get a kit and a turbo thrown together by a guy i know and have him tweak everything i need to get it working but with that turbo what time do you think ill be running 11s? 12s?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
^^ u seem very un-informed...

you need to do more RESEARCH...I reccomend browsing through the GO FASTER forum and SEARCH.....you will find all the answers..

best of luck with ur choices....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am thats why im asking questions lol i searched quite a bit and im not coming up with much maybe im just using the wrong words i dont know but how about throwin me a bone eh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts