Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a ticket last night for going 41 in a 35 by a small town prick cop... He was a real SOB, taping my window with his flashlight , that pissed me off.
I called the city council and complained but it didnt' do no good.

$125
that sux

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
You can contest the ticket at the court. It should be a court date somewhere written in the ticket.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ahh that's nothing...I got hit with a 96 in a 45 which calls for an immediate arrest, car towed and a $2000.00 fine with your license possibly suspended for up to a year.....but the hot chick cop let me off with a warning. I think she realized I could have out ran her since it was about 11:30 at night and by the time I saw her lights turn on I was about 1/2 mile away and about 30 feet away from my house where I could have pulled into my garage and she would have never been the wiser. Either way I was lucky!!!

Whew!!!

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
vaca22 said:
a $125 ticket for doing 41 in a 35 is absolutely outrageous
Yea, that def. is bullshit. When I drive "normally" I usually just drive 5-10 mph over the speed limit and don't even have to worry about getting a ticket because cops don't pull you over if your going at that speed. Go to court!

·
Registered
486 Posts
You might want to contest it in court. Sometimes you may lose, but it feels better when you air your feelings out. Also you might want to express in court the need to keep the points off your record and just pay the fine. I got a ticket for running a red light, I thought it was bull, so I said I will fight it. It just so happened my wife knew the cop, but they did not recognise each other till after she wrote the ticket. My wife gave her a call on the phone and we asked her not to show up in court so they can throw it out. She said in there city they do not do that. They will reschedule if the cop does not show, ain't that a bitch. So what she said was I could plea guilty and pay the fine, I had to bite my pride, but she said they offered a no points violation situation, which keeps your insurance clean and points record clean.
If you do not live to far from where you got the fine, go to the courthouse and see if you can talk to a prosecutor or someone who can give you some direction. Or try calling them. 41 in a 35 is BS, so maybe you will feel better if the points are excluded, but you still might come out the pocket. :wink: It's worth a try.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good luck

If you admit to doing 36 in a 35, you're guilty.

Sucks: yes.
Guilty: yes.
Get out of it: no.

T R A F F I C S C H O O L.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
If it's a small town..just pay it. That's how they make their money. I got lost once and went through a small town where the limit went from 40 down to 25 for 2 blocks and back to 40. Talk about speed trap! :pissed: Anyways, I got $140 for doing 35 in 25.

I contested....had to drive 2 hours to get there at 7pm. The Judge said 'for taking time to drive down here, I'll take off $20' The case before mine was for speeding also but this was for a local girl. Judge asked her how her grandma was and dismissed her case. WTF??!?!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
UW IS300 said:
If it's a small town..just pay it. That's how they make their money. I got lost once and went through a small town where the limit went from 40 down to 25 for 2 blocks and back to 40. Talk about speed trap! :pissed: Anyways, I got $140 for doing 35 in 25.

I contested....had to drive 2 hours to get there at 7pm. The Judge said 'for taking time to drive down here, I'll take off $20' The case before mine was for speeding also but this was for a local girl. Judge asked her how her grandma was and dismissed her case. WTF??!?!
Those kind of speed traps are very commen in the South. Driving along an interstate highway and the next thing you know you are in a school zone. Whoever designed those road systems should be...

Fourty-one in a thirty-five is pretty tight enforcement, but you take your chances and pay your money. Or something like that. :bitching:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i say just pay it, if you go to court, he may offer you driving school which may cost up to $75, i got hit with a 98/55 on the 4th of july, spent a day in jail, suspended license for 6 months and a $400 fine, just pay the $125 and take the points, then go to driving school and get +5 points

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It wasn't a speeding ticket he gave me a driving too fast for conditions(sleet and freezing rain) but the roads weren't slick...believe me I wouldn't drive my IS in slippery conditions. the roads were just wet...The cop knows me and he gives my brother hell everytime he sees him
These small town cops are pieces of shit in my opinion.

I believe in NC if I pay the fine and court costs...I doesn't go against my insurance. But I'm going to fight it because it's still bull shit

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Don't forget that the lower the speed limit, the less leeway they'll give you. Most places that are 30-35 are residential or near residential. They enforce these more stringently to prevent children from being run over. It does suck but let it be a lesson.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
2002SilvrIS said:
Got a ticket last night for going 41 in a 35 by a small town prick cop... He was a real SOB, taping my window with his flashlight , that pissed me off.
I called the city council and complained but it didnt' do no good.

$125
that sux
He must have had it out for you, that really sucks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sorry to hear that BS, cause I was in NC for Thanksgiving at my aunt's new house and it's hell to have to slow down that fast after driving a normal speed.
I hit a couple little towns where they did that 45 to 35 to 25 and right back up in a few blocks. After 6 hours of driving that's the last thing you feel like slowing down for, but I did cause I know those bastids will nail out of towners quick.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Go to the court and ask to see the speeding pay schedule. There should be a chart the states something like: the first 1-5 miles over the posted speed limit will be a fine of (say) $50, the next 6-10 miles over the posted speed limit will be $72, and blah blah blah. CA has a stipulation that you can lose you license if you go twice the posted limit and if you go 25mph over the posted limit each 1mph is an additional $17. $125 seems very high for only 6mph over. I once got caught doing 76 in a 35 (all industrial area) and had to pay $317!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
23 Participants
tyr
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing