Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owners of the 407 have given us a gift for 2008. At the end of January... rates will be going up by ~1.7 cents per km. This means tolls will now be just under 20 cents per km.

Something else being introduced is toll zones. So the portion between Hwy 401 and Hwy 404 will be a high-use zone... and the other parts of the 407 will have a lesser toll.

Last year they disguised the toll increases by adding that ETR Rewards program... I wonder what they'll do this time... :disagree:

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Few years ago when I started to use 407 my one way trip was $3.xx, today its $6.xx

At least they added more lanes now and theres no traffic but still too expensive.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Just don't use it if you don't like the rates.

It really is an extreme ripp off though compared to all other toll systems in North America or even the world for that matter.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing is... the 407 is so convenient... it would take quite the price hike to cause me to stop using it. And I think the owners of the 407 are quite aware of that.

I only take the 407 to work... on the way home I don't care about time so much. Now if I take the streets to work... it'll take me nearly an hour. On the 407... going to work is under 15 minutes! :shocked:

The 407 is also one of the best maintained roads I've seen. You hardly ever see snow piled up on it. It's cleaned way before the other 400-series highways are.

But it's true... the 407 is way more expensive than any other toll highway IN THE WORLD. Something else that comes to mind... I believe the landing fees for planes at Pearson airport is over twice as high as the next most expensive airport (Tokyo I believe). No wonder flights are so much more expensive here in comparison to New York.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I'm with Zerokarma

if you use it, you gotta deal with the prices too.

like a chinese proverb says:

"If you eat cured-fish you should bare with being thirsty"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts