Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a leasing question.

If you were to lease a car, and you knew for sure you were going to buy it at the end of the lease (whether I like it or not, I know I will since my mods will void the warranty), wouldn't it make sense to tailor the lease contract for the lowest allowable mileage per year? Since the car will never change hands when you opt. to buy the car after the lease, the dealer would care less to what you did on your car (as long as purchase price was negotiated at signing of lease contract)?

Am I correct to assume this?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I would think you would be better to purchase the car originally and finance it for longer. Interest rates for used cars are higher than new car purchase. I would work out your payments on the refinance end also.
in answer to your question regarding the milage, your lease payments will be lower, however your residual value will be higher at the end of the lease so you will have to pay more to purchase the car down the road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Croddy is absolutely right. If you know you'r gonna buy it try and get a new car loan before the bank considers it used. If your a little short on cash you could do it your way but it will cost you more overall

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
nitrousyellowis300lsd
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing