Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 4" piping fit for our down pipe? Has anyone tried.

Reactions: maxxpsi

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JPI said:
It is a tight fit but doable. Is this a custom DP you are building?
JP Importz

Yes but im not going to try if its to much of a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
A 4" fit my setup. I originally made a 4" with my setup before. But decided not to use it because 4" piping all the way back would have hung too low.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Yes a 4" dp will fit, it will be very loud and obnoxious too but thats what happens when you want slightly better spool and few more horses..

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
goldaltezza808 said:
A 4" fit my setup. I originally made a 4" with my setup before. But decided not to use it because 4" piping all the way back would have hung too low.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
RAVEN said:
So it does fit. Thats good to know. I am going to have to spool my new turbo. PT71 GTS. Did you not put it on because it was to low or it was going to be to loud? Im not sure if I will stick with 3" or go 4". I have to hit that 600+ on pump.

Paul

you wont be hitting 600+ on pump with a 71gts sorry :)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I had the 4" DP and a midpipe on then took it off because 4" piping all the way back to the muffler would have sat too low. So i just went with 3.5"

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
RAVEN said:
Will 4" piping fit for our down pipe? Has anyone tried.

hey sweet tits :) ...Are you really asking this ?....I thought I showed you my set-up ?.....The fitment is perfect, doesn't hang too low at all....Yes it's VERY VERY Loud....I don't know if it's something i'd recommend but on the other hand it does sound good :)

Dan
02' IS300
04' G35
www.racingtech.net

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
:jawDrop: :jawDrop: :jawDrop: :jawDrop: :jawDrop:
LexISpooled said:
you wont be hitting 600+ on pump with a 71gts sorry :)
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Paul, Rob didnt say that shit, REDLINE814 did!! easy on LexISpooled! :lol:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
tsopranoMB said:
Paul, Rob didnt say that shit, REDLINE814 did!! easy on LexISpooled! :lol:

:suspiciou :suspiciou :suspiciou :suspiciou :suspiciou :suspiciou :suspiciou

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
RAVEN said:
what are you talking about it right on this post. :suspiciou
as I said on IM, redline814 was the one who barely beat the vette....you got them confused...:lol:

plus see lexispooled's video ;)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tsopranoMB said:
as I said on IM, redline814 was the one who barely beat the vette....you got them confused...:lol:

plus see lexispooled's video ;)

That suxs

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
600 is easy on pump and meth ;)

4" as everyone has said will fit fine. I've seen a few w/ it on there. I'm not entirely sure it's necessary, but it won't hurt you in any way. Bigger DP and exhaust can only help a turbo it won't hurt. noise levels will be, well, excessive, but probably not considerably more than 3.5 so I say fock it, do it man.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
RAVEN said:
Would you like to put some money on that. That turbo is good for over 900. O that's right I forgot you know everything. sorry.

Paul
Yes I would be willing to bet you a nice wager to put you in your place..THAT YOU WILL NOT MAKE OVER 600RWHP WITH A 71GTS ON PUMP GAS/ 93OCT..That means NO methanol/water, alcohol/jack daniels in the ole gas tank bs or other bandaides that keep your motor from melting. Talking 93oct that you pump in your car from local gas stations. Also this includes a street tune not that dyno tune bs where you push the limits on the dyno because theirs no load..

Dont give a damn if you have the best intake manifold, best head job, best ems, motor filled with holy water that car will not make over 600rwhp on 18-19psi on the street with reg gas with a 71gts either .81 or .96 a/r....

just a fyi, I already ran that exact turbo 71s summer before last, was the second person to try out the S with a 71 first was the protype larry from sp used on supra at texas meet which dyno'd around 800rwhp. We found it ran out of breath at 40psi on my car, and looks to be most efficient around 35psi and capable of slightly over 800rwhp race and 550rwhp ish on pump...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Raven if your car isn't lowered too much then I say go with the 4" all the way through

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
LexISpooled said:
just a fyi, I already ran that exact turbo 71s summer before last, ........ and 550rwhp ish on pump...
you had a cast manifold though(I thought, correct me if wrong). that is a major hinderance flowing that kind of air. I'd say he'll be close, and wouldn't guarantee anything one way or the other. I'd say he'll make 30-50whp more w/ a tubular manifold than a cast w/ that turbo.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
IS_Dude said:
you had a cast manifold though(I thought, correct me if wrong). that is a major hinderance flowing that kind of air. I'd say he'll be close, and wouldn't guarantee anything one way or the other. I'd say he'll make 30-50whp more w/ a tubular manifold than a cast w/ that turbo.

I was talking about set-ups on a few supras which made that number with all the necessary's on 71..My car made 500rwhp but certainly could have made more with 4", tubular, headwork and intake mani..but not anything over 600 on pump..

I figure at 18-19psi (these numbers are little generous too btw and still well short of over 600rwhp)..

headwork= 15-20rwhp
aftermarket intake mani/tb= 10-15rwhp
4" over my 3"= 10-15rwhp
tubular= 20-25rwhp

btw what the hell is with this 600rwhp on pump crap, you do realize you are pushing the limits on crap gas and all it takes is a few hard pulls some pinging and you will be wondering why your getting blow by or why 1 or 2 cyclinders compression are way lower then the rest..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts