Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the Beams 3SGE be legal? In sort that you get a motor from a 02 Altezza or newer than your current one and swap in the 3SGE.

For you California peoples, what do you know that would help to this?
I have someone here willing to sell me a 3SGE w/6-speed at 1500km's!!!
 

·
Nygmatic
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
could it be legal if you installed an EGR? it is an engine swap from a same year or newer vehicle of the same make right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
No, cuz the 4 cylinder Altezza engine was never offered in the states. In other words the engine has not been cleared for emmissions here, so the swap is completely illegal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,155 Posts
the motor has to be 'newer' than the car model.
if u turbo the 3SGE, thats illegal then.

was the 3SGE ever offered in the states? i dont quite remember.
 

·
Threadlocker
Joined
·
8,984 Posts
blueIS said:
the motor has to be 'newer' than the car model.
if u turbo the 3SGE, thats illegal then.

was the 3SGE ever offered in the states? i dont quite remember.
yes, i believe it was used in the mr2 NA..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
irv_usc said:
blueIS said:
the motor has to be 'newer' than the car model.
if u turbo the 3SGE, thats illegal then.

was the 3SGE ever offered in the states? i dont quite remember.
yes, i believe it was used in the mr2 NA..
Only engines the 91-95 Mr2's came with here in the states were the 5SFE and 3SGTE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,155 Posts
Turbo6 said:
irv_usc said:
blueIS said:
the motor has to be 'newer' than the car model.
if u turbo the 3SGE, thats illegal then.

was the 3SGE ever offered in the states? i dont quite remember.
yes, i believe it was used in the mr2 NA..
Only engines the 91-95 Mr2's came with here in the states were the 5SFE and 3SGTE.
then its perfectly legal to install 3sgte into the IS... well atleast if u keep the turbo same as the original MR2 setup.(who wants to do that, anyways :lol: ).
oh, as i mentioned earlier, you have to get a motor that is newer than the car.

speaking of hybrids... it was interetsting to see aclassic car equipped with LS430 V8 engine on TV.
 

·
Nygmatic
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
no its not. you'll need to find a 2001+ 3sgte which i dont believe toyota makes anymore. too bad the 1jzgte was never introduced =(... guess ill have to do that on my own :crazy:


blueIS said:
Turbo6 said:
irv_usc said:
blueIS said:
the motor has to be 'newer' than the car model.
if u turbo the 3SGE, thats illegal then.

was the 3SGE ever offered in the states? i dont quite remember.
yes, i believe it was used in the mr2 NA..
Only engines the 91-95 Mr2's came with here in the states were the 5SFE and 3SGTE.
then its perfectly legal to install 3sgte into the IS... well atleast if u keep the turbo same as the original MR2 setup.(who wants to do that, anyways :lol: ).
oh, as i mentioned earlier, you have to get a motor that is newer than the car.

speaking of hybrids... it was interetsting to see aclassic car equipped with LS430 V8 engine on TV.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top