Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That's an excellent photo... not of the dogs, but of your 328.

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's an excellent photo... not of
the dogs, but of your 328.
Thanks... Here's another.

I wonder if I could get a Bay Area E46 (BMW new 3series body style code) and IS300 group meet together for a run up Mt Hamilton or something..

-Kris
(Author of the E46 FAQ)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Kris:

Do you have a pretty decent camera outfit? I dabble in photography on the side and it looks as though that last shot could only be obtained by the use of a macro lens... i.e., the backdrop and rear portion of the car is so clear yet close, as well.

...interesting.

Scott.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Zoku:
Kris:

Do you have a pretty decent camera outfit? I dabble in photography on the side and it looks as though that last shot could only be obtained by the use of a macro lens... i.e., the backdrop and rear portion of the car is so clear yet close, as well.

...interesting.

Scott.
I've got the following:
Nikon Coolpix 990
Nikon TC-E2 2x telephoto
Olympus B-300 1.7x telephoto
62mm-55mm stepdown to hook the two telephoto lenses together..

Those pictures were taken before I got any of the telephoto lenses- and they were taken in the 990s fully automatic mode.

as was this (automatic macro mode):

-Kris

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
1. thats not a dog, its a wolf.
2. the thing next to it i a sheep in wolfs clothing
3. the saying is the other way around, so this qualifys as a jab at the IS.

this has been a courtesy explaination for the mentally impaired provided by your friendly neighborhood mafia head.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Kris:

I'm not familiar with the 990... I'm assuming it's a digital camera?? The macro capability certainly seem phenomenal judging from the quality of the close-up of the flower. I've not even heard of an "automatic macro mode" before. Normally, a shot of that nature would only be able to be done with an SLR (single lens reflex) camera and an expensive macro lens of 1:1 ratio (approx. $1,200 for just the lens depending upon aperture).

Once again, cool photos!!

Scott.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Zoku:
Kris:

I'm not familiar with the 990... I'm assuming it's a digital camera?? The macro capability certainly seem phenomenal judging from the quality of the close-up of the flower. I've not even heard of an "automatic macro mode" before. Normally, a shot of that nature would only be able to be done with an SLR (single lens reflex) camera and an expensive macro lens of 1:1 ratio (approx. $1,200 for just the lens depending upon aperture).

Once again, cool photos!!

Scott.
Yes- It's a digital. All of the pictures I've posted have been resized down to 800x600. The full-res of the camera is 2048x1536.. It's a pretty amazing camera. I can manually adjust shutter speed, aperture, ISO equivalency, etc.

Here's another picture I took.. I call it 'Life and Death'.

Click here for a review of the Coolpix 990 on steves-digicams.com.

You can find the camera for about $800 nowadays.. quite the deal. Nikon will be announcing its new Coolpix camera that is pseudo SLR and has a new 5 megapixel CCD this month (with release around Memorial Day).

-Kris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by chromaplast:
WOh! That SHeep is AWESOME!!!!
The sheep is so smart it knows how to disguise itself.
exactly...............
but real automotive enthusiasts can see through its cover...

*Grin*

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by RBTIV:
Great pic, wow it's nice to know that the IS300 killed the BMW 3 series.
Uhhh... yeah.... you're absolutely right

Apparently some people need to have humor explained to them..that's when things get REALLY sad.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Originally posted by RBTIV:
Great pic, wow it's nice to know that the IS300 killed the BMW 3 series.

No doubt. That's a pretty bad ass sheep to skin a wolf alive, and then walk around parading the skin in front of other wolves.

------------------
Kompressor
`01 Millenium Silver

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I agree. I think the message they meant to portray is that an IS300 will eat a 3-series live.

------------------
White IS300
"Bein Bad Ain't EZ"

[This message has been edited by Badman Forever (edited February 19, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts