Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed a jump while the car is shifting to 3rd gear? I've noticed it about three times so far. The car seems to hesitate, and then jump when it finally shifts. I told the service managers down at my Lexus dealer...they said the GS 300 has a similar quirk. They like to refer to it as the IS300 being indecisive about what gear it wants to be in. It seems to have stopped doing it no that I am at 1100 miles, but I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

-anndi

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Yeah, GS does this but I believe it does at 2nd gear not 3rd gear. I found out that this happen when you are not smooth on the throttle. If you are smooth with your application of gas, then the shifting is very smooth, but if you like to hit the pedal hard and then stop half way through, it may have a harsh shift. Anyway confirm this?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yup, this jump thing has been happening recently on my IS as well. And it is on the 3rd gear. I've almost got 2K on mine so maybe I need to ease up on the gas just a little. This only happens to me on turns.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Same here. The only way I've found to get rid of it is to use the power button.

I can't believe this is normal. It sounds so harsh. Does it ruin the car?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried easing up on the gas in an attempt to make the transition smoother, but it doesn't seem to matter. My advice is to tell your Lexus dealer. I told mine and they said they appreciate any news on the IS being it is a new car. My seems to have stopped with the jerking for the time being, but you should make sure there is a record of this with your info at LExus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
puzzle1001
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing