Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my rear window tinted [5%], I noticed my 3rd brake light appears orange rather than red when it is ON. Has anyone else noticed this? I thought I would fix this problem by getting rid of the incandescent bulb and making a 60 LED board with high intensity red LEDs. Well the color of the light from the outside of the car still looks orange and I know it is because the tint is acting like a filter. Has anyone done anything to fix this issue such as cutting away the tint around the 3rd brake light [ I hate that look]?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
why not just unplug the brake light altogether and not worry about it! that would be the easiest solution. just plug it back in for inspections. just my .03

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I never even thought of that. I do have the spoiler with the brake light on it too so it doesn't even matter. I think I might just have to do that.:)

·
Registered
260 Posts
why not just unplug the brake light altogether and not worry about it! that would be the easiest solution. just plug it back in for inspections. just my .03
simply unplugging the third brake light will cause a brake light warning on your dash. trust me, i tried. so unless you don't mind looking at that warning light all the time you'll have to try something else.

I didn't want to fiddle with the wiring back there so I ended up just taping over the light with black electrical tape.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
simply unplugging the third brake light will cause a brake light warning on your dash. trust me, i tried. so unless you don't mind looking at that warning light all the time you'll have to try something else.

I didn't want to fiddle with the wiring back there so I ended up just taping over the light with black electrical tape.
But doesn't disabling the sensor to determine if a tailight is out work for the 3rd brake light? I believe I could just do that...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts