Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay for many of you that have subs in your trunk and have already used dynamat in the rear speaker deck, how have you solved the rattle problem with the third brake light? Since the damn thing uses a standard bulb, I have limited options of stuffing the light to prevent rattle to later have a difficult time replacing the bulb. I've tried using an LED bulb from superbrightleds.com, but the bulb neck is too wide and doesn't sit properly resulting in the damn bulb warning on the dash. Does anybody have recommendations for sound deadening it? How about some company out there that makes a complete light and housing replacement that uses LED lighting and has not rattling problem? Anybody with some good ideas would be greatly helpful.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Use some clear silicone to seal it up and secure the part that rattles. It's flexible when it cures and if you need to take it apart later it will peel off with a little effort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up using a small piece of 1/8" foam about 4 inches wide. I simply stuffed it under the back end (end furthest from the window) along the edge...nearly far enough in you can no longer see it (but you can barely notice even if you are looking for it). The foam pushed the whole unit tight enough against the window that it no longer rattles under heavy bass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts