Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know if $400 bumper + $25 each mirror is acceptable for an is250. I called 3mtrimline.

I thought it was a bit much, but Erin Park Lexus said they would match it. (Erin Park Lexus original quote was $600!)

I already have the bottom of the hood applied when i bought the car from the dealer.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
how much of the car are u covering?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-Bottom of hood (Already done)
-Fenders(Done, but VERY small area, thin 1" above the headlight.. needs to be redone, why bother putting a 1" strip?)
-Front bumper(new install)
-side view mirrors(new install)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
3M trimline will be at the high end of the scale.

Shop around some more.

Don't forget, price will vary pending thickness, and type of material used.

Digger08

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you're willing to head up to Richmond Hill, Audio Heaven does this as well. I can't recall if they use 3M though. They do excellent work so I'm sure their materials are of high quality as well. I'll be getting it done soon from there on my parents vehicles.

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi all,

Haven't been active in the forum for a while. I am glad to spot this posting.

I am starting a mobile clear bra install business. As I've done a few ISx50s, I am very familiar with the install for this particular car.

If anyone is looking for good install with VentureShield film, please give me a shout.

Dear administrator,

Hope that I don't violate the forum rules.

Dear enforceviper,

I sent you a PM. :)

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
will u do IS300 as well?

·
Registered
424 Posts
will u do IS300 as well?
Hi Lexusecutive,

Yes, I could also do IS300 as well. In fact, I could cut patterns for most cars on the road, including the latest IS-F.

Just sent you a PM.

Thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I just bought an IS250 and will pick it up later this week (Spinelli Lexus in Mtl). What would be a reasonable quote for front of hood, bumber and both mirrors from the dealer? SHould I even bother with the dealer or go aftermarket? How do I know if they have a good product?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mr. Raider,

Just sent you a PM on suggestions for clear bra installs. Too bad you are not in GTA.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
AndyL I am looking to clearbra my new 250. I am in Richmond Hill so I was planning on Audio Heaven. Could you forward me your suggestions

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
how about throwing some pricing out there for the IS 300 is 250/350 as well so we don't have to wait for pm's.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi Skperformance,

Your suggestion is great.

However, the 1st main reason of not throwing th pricing here is I am not allowed to advertise it w/ pricing here as it violates the forum rules. Correct?

Thanks again for the feedback.

PS: tmac1, I did pm you the other day.

·
Registered
664 Posts
clear bras after time will be visible. They all have a white lining around the edges. But your price your getting it for sounds decent.

·
Registered
69 Posts
AndyL I got your PM. The only thing that I am curious about is whether you personally warranty your work or whether the shield company does, and for how long?

For example, say in 2 years it starts peeling, who do I contact to get it fixed.

·
Registered
424 Posts
There are normally two warranties. One is by the film company and the other is by the installer. However, I will be the single point of contact for film or installation issues.

For Ventureshield, it has a limited lifetime warranty for the film itself. You can check the details on their web site,

VentureShield

I will warranty issues directly related to the installation workmanship.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
So percent wise how much cheaper are you than the 450 quoted?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts