Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanna know what must of you are getting in your contracts. My dealer gave me 3 years as 39 months.. Is that what the rest of you are getting? Question... What is the Acuisition fee? Its says $595 (Is that to clean the car and prep it?)

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Originally posted by Sweetzzzz:
Just wanna know what must of you are getting in your contracts. My dealer gave me 3 years as 39 months.. Is that what the rest of you are getting? Question... What is the Acuisition fee? Its says $595 (Is that to clean the car and prep it?)

I've not yet decided to buy an IS-300, still debating between it and a more bland, but more powerful CL-Type-S. But I'm curious, what kind of monthly payments you've been quoted. Are they based on a lease, finance or smart buy. Please let me know.

Michael

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lease price that I got yesterday was $531 w/ $0 down for 39 months. Intrest rate was at 8.9%. Finance i dont know but he said I would have to put $21k down to get my payments to $531...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Acquisition Fees are charged by the leasing company not the dealer, (though some banks allow the dealer to mark up the Acqusition (aka Bank Fee)a couple hundred dollars). Most bank fees are $400 to $600. Banks charge them because a Lease creates more paperwork and hassle than a traditional loan because the bank is actually the owner of the vehicle. There should be no charges for so called "Dealer Prep", the factory pays the dealer 2 hours labor for a "Pre Delivery Inspections" that will take a good tech about 45 minutes to do, and the dealer should have a full time detailer on staff just for detailing the cars for delivery.

dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
nahanchi
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing