Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what u think about the 350z. ive always been into toyota but i think the z looks hot. should i get one or just turbo my is300?

·
Registered
290 Posts
this has bin covered a thousand times but here we go again lol...

It all depends on what you want...the IS gives the posibilty for a practical 5 seater sedan with the potential to have AWSOME rwhp...the 350z is a 2 seater that does have the practicality of an IS but is faster stock vs stock

It boils down to what you want out of a car...this is a decision no one can make for you...you have to do it yourself

·
Registered
22 Posts
matic said:
what u think about the 350z. ive always been into toyota but i think the z looks hot. should i get one or just turbo my is300?
its still a Nissan....HELLO!!!!! I guarantee that the Lexus will have fewer trips to the service department and the re-sell value will be better in the long run. Your choice though.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not planning on trading my is300 (i would never do that). im sayin for the amount of money needed to turbo the is, i can just put it down on a z.

·
Registered
22 Posts
matic said:
im not planning on trading my is300 (i would never do that). im sayin for the amount of money needed to turbo the is, i can just put it down on a z.
dude u have to be kiddin me right??? I mean 6K for a turbo will give u one of the sickest car's in my opinion with incredible speed. I mean 350rwhp is plenty to take out anything besides the exotic's. The IS would be a freakin sleeper car and remain classy. Can't beat that my good man.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
try checking those 350z forums and type problems on the search engine. i guarantee that you will be glad to own is300 over any zs

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Like everyone says, Z's are nice but Toyotas will last you a lot longer, The Z is still a Nissan Car...but hey whatever floats your boat, IMO I think our IS is sexy no matter what :D Well except for when it has a freakin huge wing or soemthing :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
i was considering a Z when i got the IS and i test drove both before i got the IS. Reasons i stayed away from the Z

1. its got lots of 1st year problems
2. its tiny 2 seater
3. interior quality is crap
4. felt a little squirrely with lots of rear end hop
5. you dont get the level of service at nissan as you do at lexus

Glad i got the IS. I see so many Z's around now that they are jus commenplace. And plus, i think its a kids car anyway.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Yeah, I'll have to agree. The 350Z is a nice car, gives you speed for not a lot of money. However, you dont get the Lexus service, reliability, and luxury if you got the Z. Anyway, a turbo IS would kill any stock car for under $60K anyway. A turbo IS has it all...

·
Registered
583 Posts
But u gotta think about it...the amount put into the IS will nvr raise the value of the car...if you ever do trade it in, the mods you put in won't get you a better price on the car...the Z on the other hand..touring (since it has leather and IS has leather) is a 37k car...the value will always be more then a modded IS. But I didn't say buying a Z was the COOLEST thing to do...just a more practical thing to do. A turbo IS would be awesome if you don't care to resell it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
No car is an appreciating asset. You'll lose money on any car buying it new, you might be able to sell the turbo IS to an enthusiast and not lose too much money.
If you haven't already, check out freshalloy.com. It's a Nissan/Infiniti site with great forums. You should get a lot of good info there.
Personally, the Z might be nice for a weekend fun car, but the interior is cheap and the room in it is scrunched. No utility, but fun car if you just want performance and looks.
Turbo the IS and have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
There should be a sticky saying "dont come on IS300.net and talk about other cars"

·
Registered
539 Posts
flightz71 said:
But u gotta think about it...the amount put into the IS will nvr raise the value of the car...if you ever do trade it in, the mods you put in won't get you a better price on the car...the Z on the other hand..touring (since it has leather and IS has leather) is a 37k car...the value will always be more then a modded IS. But I didn't say buying a Z was the COOLEST thing to do...just a more practical thing to do. A turbo IS would be awesome if you don't care to resell it.
I agree with you on some thing and disagree with others. I agree that the mods will not raise the value of the car, and true you might be able to find a dumb young kid with daddy's wallet to but your turbo IS, but don't count on it!! I have a touring model and it was only $34k not $37, there are almost as many mods out for the Z as the IS, except for a turbo, but you have to admit, they were not that many turbo kits for the IS within the first couple of months that the car was out. Give it some time, and the kits will start popping up. Greddy has made a prototype kit. Peter Farrell is working on one, and Stillen already has a supercharger kit for both the Z and the G35. As per other comments about the the room; yes it is a two seater car, but I am 6ft 3" and I fit in the car without any problems! If your are looking for something a little bigger, go with the G35, it has back seats, its 22" longer, and you can get a sun roof, but it just does not have the "persona" as the Z has, that is why I did not buy the G35. If you do decide to go with the Z, at least wait for the 2004 model, so that you can get the smoking ass liquid silver color that is coming out :p :p I have not seen that many Z's around my way or out on the roads, as I drive 200 miles a day for my job, but whatever. I don't regret getting my Z, I wish I would have waited for the liquid silver color or the roadster, but I wanted the car six months ago!!! JM2

G

·
0 Posts
another note, before buying a car, it may be good practice to visit a forum dedicated to the car you want to purchase to see common problems that the owners run into. granted, not all cars are the same, but it gives you an idea of what to expect.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts