Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Windscreen

I almost choked when you said $600!

I just bought / got my is350-c used this weekend. Mine came with it.

When my wife and I were out riding around this weekend we did comment on how quiet it was with the windscreen up (we tried it both ways).

My rough estimation is that it cuts down on the wind about 50%.

I thought the screen could have fit closer to our heads.

Anyway, I don't know if I could recommend it for $600 - but it depends on how you roll - and how much you ride with the top down.

Good luck!

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave, I live in SOCAL and drive with the top down most of the time. I talked the parts dealer down to $440.00 but that still seems a little steep, but 50% wind blockage sounds good since there is not that much wind to begin with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have not tried the windscreen, but from what Dave mentioned, sounds like a great item to have. Not sure on the price tag though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Solution

Gents,

How about asking the dealer for the use of the windscreen for a day - or at least a couple of hours.

I'll be interested to hear how it turns out and hear your feedback!

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the windscreen for my 350c. I honestly don't think it's worth MSRP $650, but I bought it anyway because it was part of the sticker price and I was way too excited about the car last year when it first came out :p
I think it is useful if you will be driving with the top down a lot. I would sell you my windscreen, but I ended up selling it to a buyer from California four months ago. $440 isn't a bad price considering Sewell is selling it close to $480 (club lexus price).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's the windscreen should anyone decide to take the leap. Just make sure you've registered on our site with your my.is profile.

Darrel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Most of our IS Convertibles are already equipped with the windscreen - at least that's how we order them from here. The price is rather expensive in our opinion but then of course it is a Lexus :)

Darrel

·
Registered
4 Posts
windscreen

I don't mind the extra wind but my wife loves the windscreen. the stereo is better and the bluetooth phone is actually useable (not great) but can get you by if need be.

mine came with it but $440.00 would be tempting. $650.00 i would live with out it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts