Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a 2XX/35/18 on thier IS300? I have a deal lined up where I can get some 225/35/18 Yoko Parada's for less than a hundred a piece but I'm running 40 series now and the rear looks small from certain angles.... 35's woul be smaller. Treadlife is worse too I assume. I would really appreciate some pictures or advice as to whether or not to go with this setup. Think it'll look good? Last long? help.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That's true there is no protection. I got 40 series on my back and front, but when I compared them to stock, they were about a half inch bigger in overall diameter, so I am geared a little taller. I immediately noticed some loss in my "go" so I was thinking about getting 35 series in the back to restore that loss. Not worth it?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I already have minimal protection cause I''m runnning 8.5 all around on 225's and there is NO rubber protectiing my wheels/lip from evil curbs, potholes etc...
it was a SWEET deal but I'll just wait for some 40's

·
Registered
264 Posts
vabluefish said:
That's true there is no protection. I got 40 series on my back and front, but when I compared them to stock, they were about a half inch bigger in overall diameter, so I am geared a little taller. I immediately noticed some loss in my "go" so I was thinking about getting 35 series in the back to restore that loss. Not worth it?
yeah...i just got in some tires that are 215/35/18. i stood them next to the stock wheels and the diameter looks be the same. i'll take some pics.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Chaos said:
Thanks, I already have minimal protection cause I''m runnning 8.5 all around on 225's and there is NO rubber protectiing my wheels/lip from evil curbs, potholes etc...
it was a SWEET deal but I'll just wait for some 40's
where'd you get the deal for the 225/35's? i'm on 7.5" rims so this size might be perfect for me. since you aren't going with the deal, i hope you don't mind posting...or just pm me. :wink:

·
Registered
236 Posts
yeah...i just got in some tires that are 215/35/18. i stood them next to the stock wheels and the diameter looks be the same. i'll take some pics.
Cool, thanks............I did one of those tire sizing calculaotors from another thread and an 18" rim with 40 series is .47" bigger then stock and an 18" rim with 35 series is .41" smaller then stock. So it is between looks and protection or performance..........isn't it always!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
vabluefish said:
Cool, thanks............I did one of those tire sizing calculaotors from another thread and an 18" rim with 40 series is .47" bigger then stock and an 18" rim with 35 series is .41" smaller then stock. So it is between looks and protection or performance..........isn't it always!!
do you have the link to the sizing calculator?? i think it also matters the width of the wheel...because it'll change how much you're stretching the sidewall. i just want something as close to stock diameter as possible...so my speedo and other functions aren't phucked!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.