Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Requesting your suggestion/advice.

Details of the car:
All opt features except nav system
Taken as leased car by the owner.
Dark green color
Miles: 33K
No visible problems. No bad record (checked in carfax)

33K Miles

Seller is asking for 22.5K. I am thinking of asking 21K.

Is it good price to ask? Am I missing something. Any suggestions
relevant to this are welcome.

Thanks
K

8,852 Posts
LSD (Limited Slip Differential) Yes/No?

Make sure there are paint chips on the hood - supposed to have them.

· Registered
1,982 Posts
i'm sure you can get a 2003 for around 27k-28k brand new or a slightly used 2002/2003 for around 24-25k. cough up that extra few k's and assuming you're financing the car and have a good credit, your monthly payment will not be significantly higher than if you were to buy that 2001 car.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again guys!

Thanks again for ur responses.

I was thinking in same lines (buying 2002-2003). But if 21K for 2001 car with 33K miles is VERY GOOD price I would buy it.

Do you guys think it is very good price or someone bought lower than that?

-K

· Registered
429 Posts
i dont think its that great, figuring i bought mine at a dealership for pretty much the same price, i got it for 22k. and i ahd 11k miles on and it had no problems. at the same time, there was a ggp there sitting in lot with 17k miles and it was going for about 19.5.
its a good deal though, i think mine was just hella good.
but go with it if you like it. consdering its green i dont like that, but do you???? Buy Aaron's. who wouldnt want a manual, hmmmmm i wish i had it.
-Ramin

· Registered
1,581 Posts
It sounds like a decent deal to me.. Especially if you really like the car thats what counts. Id rather get a good deal and get what I want than get a great deal and not be completely satisfied with the car. GOod luck.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most of the deals I saw here in California was around 23-24K (some dealers wants more than 25K)

I really like the car. No visible dents or scratches

I had a chat with my friend. Does anyone know about VSC (Vehicle Slid control) is it an optional feature in 2001 Lexus?

-K

· Registered
7,617 Posts
I think thats a good buy. Dont expect to pay pennies for a Lexus. Everyone on here that hoping to get this car for less is just shooting themselves in the foot. If you undercut used car sales prices that just diminishes the value of your OWN cars ....... fools :roll:

I personally wouldnt not sell my car for less than 25K. I dont care what people think about 2001, 2002, 2003. My car is probably better mechanically maintained than any 2003 with 3,000 miles.

I say go for it. 22k on a green IS300. thats a rare color. expect it to call a different price that the usual silver, black, white colors.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Beating the Sales person??? - Is that possible?

Hi,

I gave that offer and the owner is still thinking. But meanwhile I am getting better offers (20.5K/42Kmiles/everything except heated seats)

2001 IS300.

And wrt to beating sales person. Read the section called spying sales person (or soemthing like that) in www.edmunds.com then you will know how bad salespersons can get.

I decided not to go to dealer as much as possible.

-K

· Registered
1,099 Posts
I initially leased my 2002 IS300 and bought out the lease when I sold my prior car after just 3 payments. Anyway, my residual was only like $18k after 36 months. This is about 36 months after a lease on '01 cars so expect similar residual values for 36k miles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.