Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a set of 19" wheels fit the IS if they have a offset of 35mm in the front and 40mm in the rear?

·
1,621 Posts
Those offsets seem a bit low, but like chancellor842 said it all depends on the wheel widths.

Since it looks like your turbo'd, I'm guessing you would want wide rims. So... for reference if you wanted about 8.5" wide wheels upfront a good offset would be around +45mm and for rears, 9.5" wide with around +55 offset.

Oh ya, you could always roll and pull the fenders to use those offsets or even run stretched tires... but thats a different game altogether... lol

Reactions: Tyler Cruz

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the front wheels are 8.5" wide and the rears are 9.5" wide. How much would I need to roll the fenders and what size tires should I use to make for the least amount of modding required for fitment? Thanks for the help guys + rep!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Im running 19's +35 F 8inch and +40 R 9 inch. And in the rear im running 275's. I also have a spare set of 19's +35 F&R 8.5 front and 9or 9.5 R not to sure. They fit but not w/o modifying the fenders. The less tire you hav the less you need to pull, shave and cut. Oh and your drop matters too.

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So how much would be a reasonable price to pay a body shop to shave and pull the rear fenders?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts