Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it should be only around 300 somethn. a lot of what they do is whole bounch of inspections anyway... how much would it cost me if I just do the exact same things in the list at a local shop or a Toyota dealer?
I know the quality of service is gonna be different, but I'm only concerned with the actually work they gonna be doing... if other place does the same and charge less...I'll go with cheaper place. i don't give a shit if Lexus will pour me a cup of coffee while I'm waiting.

·
8,852 Posts
Here is the recommended 30K service:

You may want to talk to your toyota dealer about their pricing of the service. If that doesn't work, you can always look for a reputable mechanic.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
4,223 Posts
^^^You can follow "Vlads New Bible" :lol: :lol: :lol: ...j/k

But seriously here is a list of things that should be done :

30 K Service
Engine Oil & Filter
OEM Intake Air Filter or "xxx" Drop in
Radiator Coolant
Tranny Fluid
Brake Fluid
Differential Fluid
Rotate Tires
Inspect Brakes
Check Strategic Bolts "Listed in manual"

Keep in mind that each dealership or equivalent will have different prices..
But a reputable shop should not charge you more then $250 or so for this service. That includes using Lexus/Toyota Parts & fluids.

Joe Z 8)

·
8,852 Posts
Bible... :lol: That's a good one.
No Bible, just a recommended Lexus supplemental manual. 8)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just make a photo-copy of the 30k service list and give it to your local independent shop. Ask them to use Toyota OEM fluid (*should cost a little extra*) but worth the cost. If they can't get, then buy it yourself and bring it to them. The only thing I see where you need to use OEM Toyota fluid is the transmission (auto). With the other fluids, aftermarket is just fine as long as they use higher quality/ better known brands.

A lot of people have pointed out the the tranny fluid is a "Lifetime Fluid" but I talked to few who changed theirs and they told me the car shifts a lot better and smoother. Defitely worth looking into.

Should run you $300 max at a local independent shop. Save the other $200 and take your chick out to a nice dinner at a expensive resturant, make her happy, and get some XXX. :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mickey513 said:
Just make a photo-copy of the 30k service list and give it to your local independent shop. Ask them to use Toyota OEM fluid (*should cost a little extra*) but worth the cost. If they can't get, then buy it yourself and bring it to them. The only thing I see where you need to use OEM Toyota fluid is the transmission (auto). With the other fluids, aftermarket is just fine as long as they use higher quality/ better known brands.

A lot of people have pointed out the the tranny fluid is a "Lifetime Fluid" but I talked to few who changed theirs and they told me the car shifts a lot better and smoother. Defitely worth looking into.

Should run you $300 max at a local independent shop. Save the other $200 and take your chick out to a nice dinner at a expensive resturant, make her happy, and get some XXX. :lol:
very good suggestion...
thanks, all of u for the inputs

·
Registered
849 Posts
Joe Z said:
^^^You can follow "Vlads New Bible" :lol: :lol: :lol: ...j/k

But seriously here is a list of things that should be done :

30 K Service
Engine Oil & Filter
OEM Intake Air Filter or "xxx" Drop in
Radiator Coolant
Tranny Fluid
Brake Fluid
Differential Fluid
Rotate Tires
Inspect Brakes
Check Strategic Bolts "Listed in manual"

Keep in mind that each dealership or equivalent will have different prices..
But a reputable shop should not charge you more then $250 or so for this service. That includes using Lexus/Toyota Parts & fluids.

Joe Z 8)
I agree....whatever you do don't just drop your car off and have them do everything that the dealership "normally" does for their 30k maintenance. Many times they will even do things that aren't recommended. You can even rotate your tires and change the oil and air filter yourself....no way should it cost you over $200. Good luck....don't get anal rapped without lube!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just called Northside Lexus in Houston and they quoted me $580 for the 30K service :roll:

I asked them if they did any price-matching with other dealers and they said no.

I wonder if you get a free bottle of AstroGlide with that ass-ramming.

·
11,054 Posts
I was quoted $491.
I think I'll have them skip the tire rotation though...gonna buy new ones anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.