Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

My 01 IS300 just hit 30k miles. The dealer wants $500.00 to do the 30k maintenence. Is this outrageous or fairly common? They say they want to change all fluids and etc.

What are you guys being charged for this service, and how do you feel about this?

Neil

·
8,880 Posts
It is outrageous and fairly common. :bitching:
Dealer will charge you an arm and a leg for their service, and will do all work they deem necessary. :eek:
Just change your coolant and be done with it.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Take it to your closer Toyota dealer. They did all my same 30k services for between $150-$200.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
My lexus is going to get free 30k service in about 5k more miles. Dang I just got the thing in Feb 02. Well since it was stuck in the shop for over 2 weeks during the clutch noise problem i complained about this not being "Lexus like" and made enough noise to get a promise of free service which is documented on my paperwork. how many of you guys are seriously thinking of doing some major mods the closer you get to that 50-60k break in the warrantee? For me there was always 2 obsticles for doing tuning mods, one was money and the other was warrantee.
After 30k and the first smog check i might want to do some things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts