do you think it will help
what mod would say i next??
to achive my goal

i would also like to get rid of a few hounred pounds from my car
any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
once you do the math, you will realize that not only is this going to be very difficult to accomplish, but in the end, will cost you more than F/I. Not to mention you will be driving around in a stripped IS.

Save your car and your money and just get a turbo kit. Or, get the PLP stage 1 supercharger- 305 crank HP, $3995. If numbers are all you're going for, that's perfect for you.

-C

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
get a honda if you want to remove weight

blackLEX said:
i would like to get to 300whp na i was wondering
what would be the best way to go
i got intake headers exaust s-afc
and i was gonna bor my thortal body
do you think it will help
what mod would say i next??
to achive my goal

i would also like to get rid of a few hounred pounds from my car
any suggestions??

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
your best bet, is to sell it and buy an IS430

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
doublins, this can be done quite easily, the problem is like you said for the amount it will cost, you might as well get a turbo.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
CarbonIS300 said:
doublins, this can be done quite easily, the problem is like you said for the amount it will cost, you might as well get a turbo.
A pre-made turbo kit can be installed and tuned quite easily- specifically one that does not change the compression at all so there is no need to remove the head.

He would have to raise his compression to like 13 or 14:1, get agressive cam profiles, adjustable cam gears, bore his throttle body, probably some other extensive head work that I do not have the knowledge or expertise to know about- and do forged internals and new valve springs to raise his redline. All in all, it will idle rough, require high-octane gas, and not be worth it.

I am not a fountain of knowledge when it comes to stretching the limits of a normally aspirated engine.... please correct me if I am wrong, or have left some stuff out. All I DO know, is that it's not worth it $$ wise, and not worth it if he still wants his car to feel and run like a lexus. :D

-C

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
doublins said:
once you do the math, you will realize that not only is this going to be very difficult to accomplish, but in the end, will cost you more than F/I. Not to mention you will be driving around in a stripped IS.

Save your car and your money and just get a turbo kit. Or, get the PLP stage 1 supercharger- 305 crank HP, $3995. If numbers are all you're going for, that's perfect for you.

-C
Exactly, sure it would be nice to have that power being "all motor", but it would be damn expensive to get this motor to have an N/A output that high.

Getting a supercharger sounds like a good idea for you, as there is very little, if any lag. It basically makes your car feel like it has a bigger displacement motor in it. While a turbo feels a bit different, especially with a lot of lag, the boost is known to "kick in" at a certain rpm.

Going all N/A will be virtually immpossible to get 300rwhp on this engine without spending a small fortune, it was MEANT for FI greatness.

If you're dead set on going NA, you'll have to get custom exhaust, a header, maybe some supra cams, which will require a stand alone ECU, intake, bigger throttle body (if you can find one or have one made), high-compression flat-top pistons, etc...

All those parts will cost you near $8000 just for the parts, and another huge chunk of change for the labor and tuning involved.

To lighten up the car, you would basically need to replace the front seats with some lightweight racing seats made by Sparco or Momo or something, strip the door panels off, take out the rear seats and replace all the glass with lexan, replace the hood and trunk lid with carbon fiber units, get a 5 gallon fuel cell to replace your gas tank, get some lightweight racing wheels, etc....

Of course most of that would be downright stupid, and some of it illegal, unless you were planing to turn the IS into a trailor-queen race car.

In other words, just buy a nice FI unit, strap it on over a weekend, and cruise in style, street legally.

Kane

1 - 9 of 9 Posts