Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
300iss said:
So do you guys think that the Fuel cut defender was a shipping mistake? Since I am only running the S1 kit...no extra ems and no map sensor and only running about 8psi for now....do I even need to hook it up?

i think it was a mistake, but this kind a weird mistake to send you that instead of the blackbox.... i never heard of TE sending the fuel cut out before

·
Registered
785 Posts
so what kind of EMS are you going to run if you dont have the blackbox???? I would wait to install that until i have some kind of ems if i was you

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Its an s1 kit. There's no ems involved. Its basically as close to a bolt on turbo system as it can be.

Nick, call my cell. I can probably explain it all a lot easier and answer questions faster. Pm me if you don't have it. But I think you have it from the ohio meet.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
with the S1 kit, the FPR is the only "engine management" as it brings on fuel as boost pressure increases....in my opinion, thats a blown engine waiting to happen....at least invest in an E-manage as they have become pretty cheap....

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
nick, you dont do any MAP or MAF sensors with the S1 kits. no need to. the regulator and the fuel cut defender keep it from seeing too much air on the MAF. The regulator will still send more fuel. its a simple system.

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
mikefate said:
nick, you dont do any MAP or MAF sensors with the S1 kits. no need to. the regulator and the fuel cut defender keep it from seeing too much air on the MAF. The regulator will still send more fuel. its a simple system.
thanks mike...so I do hook up the fcd. I was under the impression that it was a shipping mistake. The directions say to install it by wiring it up to the MAP sensor...since I dont have one...is it good to follow this as lexluger posted earlier....

the wiring goes
black-ground
red-power
violet- mass air ecu
green- to sensor

If so....where does the green one splice into?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Unless the FCD is new to the S1 kit, I would contact Jeff and ask for the blackbox. I've been running the S1 kit for awhile now without any issues. I do not have the FCD. Just: blackbox, fuel pump, fuel return & fpr.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
mikefate said:
Since when did TE use fuel cut defender? this is the first time me hearing of this....

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
^^Eric and tony....I am as surprised as both of you. Thats why I am questioning it. I have never heard of this before with TE S1 kits.

Tony...talk to you tonight man!

41 - 60 of 187 Posts