Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the complements. I wasn't sure if i wanted to install the hid kit cuz i really didnt want to take off the bumper but it wasn't that bad. im happy i did it and love how it looks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the hid i bought came with this bracket thingy that had two holes at each ends so i mounted it under the passenger side head lights, i cant really explain it but under the headlights there were two screws so i unscrewed it and mounted the ballast there and it works really good, but for the driver side i couldn't do the same cause the windshield wiper fluid tank is in the way so using the bracket i unbolted a bolt that was on the fender and mounted it so its hanging inside behind the bumper. i know other members placed it behind the crash bar using zip tie i was gonna do that but i didnt have any zip ties so i had to do figure something out.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
do you really have to take the bumper off in order to install them? what if you just remove the bottom shroud and jack the car up?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i got them off ebay . for the hid kit and 6000k bulbs i paid 130 and thats with shipping. the kit alone was i think like $86 with shipping but i had to pay an extra $15 to get the 3000k. yeah you have to take the bumper off to install them but it really isn't that hard i didn't want to take my bumper off either but i really like the way the hid fogs look so i said f*@k it and just did it and im glad i did. i say if i can do it you can too

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That looks great! I am still thinkin that is one of the best mods one can do, and it is no longer all that expensive. I remember years ago you couldn't get a kit for less than $300.

·
Registered
834 Posts
those look awesome... are those H3's or 9006's?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Looks very nice and bright!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts