Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
This is nuts. So basically you won't be able to see very good past your front bumper, but hey, at least you'll have cool purple lights. :wtf:

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
thats so retarded.

the higher the k, the less output it admits.

save it for the ricers who will crash while street racing.

:pissed:

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
You will probably blind the sh*t out someone with those and make them crash....Can you say "vehicular homicide"....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i can atleast vouche for the seller, i bought my 12k's from him and shipping was fast and replaces the bulbs for 1 year if anything happens to them, i dont know about the 30k's though, seems a bit overboard

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
petaa7 said:
thats so retarded.

the higher the k, the less output it admits.

he states that here

D2S and D2R

This auction is for a pair of BRAND NEW 30000K D2R or D2S bulbs. D2S and D2R are the replacement bulbs for OEM hid equipped vehicles. The color temperature in OEM equipped vehicles are in the 4000K range, which on some vehicles, it appears yellowish, and by upgrading to 30000K, it will get rid of the yellowish hue. This an another break through for McCulloch in HID Technology. McCulloch had achieved no other competitors were able to achieve, the deepest and most exotic color temperature, the 30000K. This color temperature is specially formulated for show use, when lit, 30000K is very visible in a indoor show room as well as out door car shows. If your vehicle is for show, the output from 30000K HID McCulloch bulbs will definiately add points to the judges' score pad. 30000K has an approximately 2000lm output, which is more than 2x the light output of the traditional halogen light. Please note: most customers have a common misconception that the higher the K (Kelvin temperature) the brighter it gets, but infact, it is the opposite. The K rating is inversely proportional to the light output, therefore the lower the K the brighter the light output. Also, Xenon runs cooler and than your traditional halogen, therefore it will not melt your housing.. Please visit our other auction for 6000K, 8000K, and 10000K D2S and D2R bulbs. ( Please note, D2S bulbs are for OEM HID housings with projectors and D2R bulbs are for reflector housing)

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
i bought a pair of heads from him...good bulbs

30k seems the same as 12k tho

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
love them..the whole "vision sucks" bs isnt a problem...only when it rains i notice a difference...nothing life threatening tho

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I like the 8k's in the sun,rain and snow. How about that?

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
GutterMouth said:
You will probably blind the sh*t out someone with those and make them crash....Can you say "vehicular homicide"....
higher the kelvin, less light output it admits...

its more like looking at barney its so purple/black.

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
petaa7 said:
higher the kelvin, less light output it admits...

its more like looking at barney its so purple/black.

Oh..I didnt know that. So the focker that gets them wont be able to see in the rain and still might kill someone :lol:

So basically these are for show.....

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
GutterMouth said:
Oh..I didnt know that. So the focker that gets them wont be able to see in the rain and still might kill someone :lol:

So basically these are for show.....
Yeah personally I would not go over 8000k. The higher the K the less the visibility....but with the 8000k I can see in the rain just fine.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
30000k? Those things must be in the UV spectrum. Do they emit any visible light at all? :screwy:

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
BossMan said:
30000k? Those things must be in the UV spectrum. Do they emit any visible light at all? :screwy:
close to a blacklight. ;)

with enough cars with them, we could start a rave club :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts