Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone switched out their antenna for one of these? It says it will fit a 2010 IS350C, but it will not fill the 2011. I believe the antenna are the same. I found these on eBay and would like to change out the antenna for a cleaner look.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone switched out their antenna for one of these? It says it will fit a 2010 IS350C, but it will not fill the 2011. I believe the antenna are the same. I found these on eBay and would like to change out the antenna for a cleaner look.
Let me know when you change it. I want to do that to my '11 350c.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, Rec'd it last week. The color is slightly off, but still OK. Forgot to consider the differences in red (which was why I painted the calipers black). I'm not sure if this antenna is for AM or FM or if it's a supplement to the front roof antenna. I haven't noticed a change in reception although my wife (her car) is saying that her driver's door speaker is now cutting out. I'll probably put the original back on and have the dealer check out the speaker. No sense them just telling me it's the antenna...

Here's a pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Radio reception on these is terrible. But if you never listen to the radio, you could get it just for looks.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I installed one of these on my IS300 and the paint faded in the first week (after some rain) but the cf part stayed the same, also mine is made by a different company but almost identical, hopefully urs holds up better, I did like the look better than the stock antenna before it faded of course.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking for really short Antenna..

I like to get a really short antenna for the car. I see on eBay they have the 1.4 inch for the 1st gen IS, but curious, if any of you tried fitting it on the IS-C? Thinking bout taking the risk and getting it anyways to see. But would like to first ask here, if anyone has tried it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like to get a really short antenna for the car. I see on eBay they have the 1.4 inch for the 1st gen IS, but curious, if any of you tried fitting it on the IS-C? Thinking bout taking the risk and getting it anyways to see. But would like to first ask here, if anyone has tried it?
Just installed streetune 3" in antenna sandblast black... I like it better

·
Registered
100 Posts
i bought one at pepboys on my way home from the dealership the day i bought the car lol cant complain about the radio reception.. anything beats the factory antenna !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts