Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, A few questions about my IS 250.

1. I scraped the rims while driving and caused a gash that is visible. I wanted to know when I return the lease, how does that work? I had an SLK before and they used the "credit card rule". If damage is smaller than a CC, then they won't charge you anything. How does Lexus work?

2. I got service at 5,000, 10,000 miles. My last workshop put a sticker for every 3,000 miles to change the oil. Do I have to change every 3 or can I change every 5?

3. How long are the tires rated for. I have a 36,000, 3 year lease. Do I need to change the tires? How long should they last driving normally?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Hello, A few questions about my IS 250.

1. I scraped the rims while driving and caused a gash that is visible. I wanted to know when I return the lease, how does that work? I had an SLK before and they used the "credit card rule". If damage is smaller than a CC, then they won't charge you anything. How does Lexus work?

2. I got service at 5,000, 10,000 miles. My last workshop put a sticker for every 3,000 miles to change the oil. Do I have to change every 3 or can I change every 5?

3. How long are the tires rated for. I have a 36,000, 3 year lease. Do I need to change the tires? How long should they last driving normally?

Thanks!
Can't speak to 1 as I don't lease.

Oil changes are every 5k according to the scheduled maintenance in the owners manual. You can, safely, change even less often than that if you're not doing driving that's really bad for the car (like lots of short trips where the engine never warms up)- but your lease agreement might require you to follow what is in the manual.

The OEM tires state they are performance tires and may last less than 20k miles. Some folks get less... some get a bit more. I'd be surprised if you manage 36k out of them though unless you do exclusively highway driving on perfect roads or something.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Rim damage isn't usually a big deal at lease end. This being said, if you went through Lexus/Toyota Financial, they do not have a damage allowance the way most leasing companies do...

5K per the manual.

You'll probably have to buy a second set during those 3 years.

·
Registered
157 Posts
depends on what tires you got from dealer... i got the Dunlop All Seasons... still riding on the originals and am @43K miles.... for me, rotate them on schedule, avoid pot holes... drove highway most of the 43K miles and put on 43K miles on these tires in less than two years

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.