Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Fan-fucking-tastic looking! Good choice :approve: 49 for you.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Looks good Rich, did you use the silencer yet? Or no need?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Car looks hot from behind :cool:

only thing... is it me or does that tip stick out a bit much?

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IScorpion said:
Car looks hot from behind :cool:

only thing... is it me or does that tip stick out a bit much?

Yes it does.... I did that on purpose becuase due to no cats and boost when the tip is close to the rear bumper, the black soot and carbon completely covers the car's rear. by pushing it out a bit the exhaust should exit the vicinity of rear of vehicle better leaving less grime behind.

Much thanks to Gazl (Aliga) and Todd (Rising Sun) for helping me on the install process.

·
Registered
349 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
Yes it does.... I did that on purpose becuase due to no cats and boost when the tip is close to the rear bumper, the black soot and carbon completely covers the car's rear. by pushing it out a bit the exhaust should exit the vicinity of rear of vehicle better leaving less grime behind.

Much thanks to Gazl (Aliga) and Todd (Rising Sun) for helping me on the install process.

Ahh... Good reason, then!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
looks sick Rich! cant wait to hear how that bad boy sounds....

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Da HKS Carb-Ti Exhuast is the shit!

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:

Rich the tip sticks out because of your bumper. The exhaust is actually made for the US SPec bumper, and since you have the JDM spec bumper which is shorter the exhaust tip sticks out more.

BTW do you have any picture of the 3" piping?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Very hot! Carbon-Ti = sexy.......Can we have a vid or sound clip of the exhaust? Im really curious on how its gonna sound.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Eminence said:
Rich the tip sticks out because of your bumper. The exhaust is actually made for the US SPec bumper, and since you have the JDM spec bumper which is shorter the exhaust tip sticks out more.

BTW do you have any picture of the 3" piping?
??????????????????????
he has the 3" muffler i believe... its just the canister with custom piping... its not made for any market in particular... i think it looks fine... DAMN YOU RICH!

·
Registered
287 Posts
gqind said:
??????????????????????
he has the 3" muffler i believe... its just the canister with custom piping... its not made for any market in particular... i think it looks fine... DAMN YOU RICH!

Correct Avi...Eminence didn't know what he was talking about...I could understand that, if he was using a hks carbon/ti rear section from HKS on a jdm rear bumper, that it would stick out. But in Rich's case, he did this purposely. Although I think eminence knew it was a custom job....bc he did ask for pics of 3" piping.

All I know is that you guys are so unoriginal...:rolleyes:

-Dan

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Correct Avi...Eminence didn't know what he was talking about...I could understand that, if he was using a hks carbon/ti rear section from HKS on a jdm rear bumper, that it would stick out. But in Rich's case, he did this purposely. Although I think eminence knew it was a custom job....bc he did ask for pics of 3" piping.

All I know is that you guys are so unoriginal...:rolleyes:

-Dan
I knew it was a custom setup, but what I thought Rich had done was had the HKS Carbon Ti rear section and had it modified for 3" piping because I never knew you could get just the canister.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts