Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had mine replaced as a drive up as well - spent less than an hour there total. The service writer said that they have been keeping several in stock to cover (ha) the problem. Also said that Lexus is working a redesigned piece - problem had to do with mounting mechanism and air flow characteristics over the part - didn't know for sure when the replacement part would be available or how it would be implemented (as needed, general notification ...)

Terry

·
Registered
247 Posts
cis300 wrote :
My dealer replaced the first one free as "good will gesture", but the 2nd i'll have to pay
Wow - I have a REAL problem with this. I can't believe that a problem as prolific as this could be blamed on the owner (and thus require you to pay for it). If the dealer sticks to this one I would start making phone calls - it probably won't take many before you get their position overruled, but I would keep calling until I talked to Mr. Lexus himself (I know - but I think you get the point). Maybe by the time it happens again they will have reversed the decision on their own in an attempt to maintain their image as a Lexus dealership.

Of course, if they had to tow your car in from the woods because you got it stuck while 4 wheeling they may have a valid point.

Terry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.