Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after everything happend with the first 01 is, time for a 2nd! this time it's a 2002, same color, but black inside & manual :) tell me what you think of it:

this is how i bought the car from lonestars14:
link to for sale thread:
http://my.is/forums/f172/fs-02-ibp-5spd-lsd-volk-apexi-area-51-etc-405316/

car:

what i've done so far:
window tint, repainted the front bumper, put on old side skirts from old car, repainted & fixed rear bumper, painted carbon fiber radiator cover to fix it up alittle, figs heat shield w/ blue F, figs battery tie down (optima battery with it), AEM wideband, put on falken rt615 tires. 225/40/18 up front, 265/35/18 in the rear, mishimoto radiator, OBX blue silicone hoses, titek drain plug, unorthodox pullies (besides crank) unorthodox adjustable cam gear, put on the tein flex coilovers, SRT intake, going to smoke the tail lights on wednesday.

still waiting to arrive in mail:
greddy timing belt, ACT clutch, fidanza light flywheel, BC stage 3 cams, and of course springs & retainers with that. :), figs hood props coming soon too

parts still to put on from old is300:

speakers, focal v2's up front, cv1's in the rear with alpine PDX 4.150 amp to power it, still havn't decided on what head unit to use and underbody braces.

enough talk! here's some pictures :)

with window tint:

OBX hoses:

unorthodox racing =]

radiator:

i took out the old dvd player in the glove box to mount the wideband. let me know what u think. I still have to fix the holes that was left by the old dvd player.

I took off the volk's because im trying to get a matching set of 4. I'm leaning towards the volk TE37's in 18"s.

also, looking into purchasing the brembo big brake kit that uses the ferrari F40 calipers. then time to start saving for boost =]

let me know what you think of what i've done so far, suggestions & opinions are very welcomed. trying to get everything set for when i go boost 2-3 years from now. :)

~cody

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
just a suggestion, I know I ran my guages in the glove box, but my wideband was always up front and center. It is the most important gauge, it shouldn't be in the glove box. it should be somewhere that you can see it. Once you start to lean out, you can throttle off. but to each their own.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just a suggestion, I know I ran my guages in the glove box, but my wideband was always up front and center. It is the most important gauge, it shouldn't be in the glove box. it should be somewhere that you can see it. Once you start to lean out, you can throttle off. but to each their own.
yeah i know, im going to change the mount area once i add the turbo. just put the dvd player back in to cover the hole :) only did it for fine tuning with the cams and everything, so don't think it's really needed with a pretty conservative tune.

Looks good man. I like the volks that were originally on there.
thank u thank u sir :) i do too, i just wish that the 4th one matched. :( i might put em back on tho if i don't get the other volk's soon

What did you do with the Area 51 intake? I hope you realize how valuable that part is.
FIG has it, so it's in pretty good hands. :) I know there was only like 50 of em made, but i like the sounds of the SRT more. so once fig is done with it, the intake will be for sale

Want to sell them ISX50 wheels?
going to use them as winter rims :( or i totally would!

thanks for all the comments =]

~cody

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.