Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this forum and the internet but could only get so much info. I'm wondering if anyone has detailed pics of different roof rack setups they've done.

Most of the info available out there focuses on the Thule setup with:
- Thule 400XTR Rapid Aero Base
- Fit Kit 2176
- Thule 871XT/Thule 872XT farings

I hear there are similar setups available with Yakima and Lexus installed roof racks but could not get definitive info.

Anyone have experience with any of the above and can provide some pics/feedback?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thule makes a roof rack for our cars. you need the 2176 fit kit then you just piece it together what ever load bars and attachments you want. And you can drive them in the snow just not deep snow or Lexus would not have added the snow button for second gear starts for traction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the IS's really that bad in snow? I just got mine this year.

What if you get snow tires?

btw, I'm getting the roof rack for cycling

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Are the IS's really that bad in snow? I just got mine this year.

What if you get snow tires?

btw, I'm getting the roof rack for cycling

anybody who has a problem driving their 2IS in the snow either doesn't have snow tires (not all seasons, SNOW tires)... or just doesn't know how to drive a car properly.

Folks got along fine in snow with RWD cars for most of the last century, and most of them were a lot -worse- to drive in snow because they didn't have such lovely modern features as traction control or electronically controlled transmissions with snow modes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts