Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my IS and after driving it for a few days I notice that whenever I pretty much start the car in 2nd, there's this rattling noise that I hear coming from maybe the engine area or under the car? Kind of hard to describe, but maybe something is shaking and it's not suppose to? Only happens once in a while too and not all the time...I think it might have to do something with me starting from a dead stop or just slowing down for a second at a stop sign. The noise only lasts for a second or two and after I pick up some speed it goes away. Sure didn't do this with my old prelude though..so I think something is up, just I don't know what. Any suggestions...?

·
Registered
512 Posts
do you have aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
if that usually happens when you try to accelerate in 2nd gear and your going 5 mph or slower, thats normal...because at that speed you should be 1st gear..im not sure what the sound comes from but it only comes up in situations such as this...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? I started in 2nd gear before in my old prelude, and so does my friend in his civic. I know the car shakes/vibrates if you don't give it enough gas and it starts chokin, but this rattling is totally different from car vibration...

That's wierd though that this didn't happen in my prelude and friend's civic...so that's why I posted in the first place.

Even in first gear, if I didn't give it enough gas the car would shake and act like it's about to die...this rattling is different from that. It's some kind of noise coming from somewhere..

Any other comments? Or, do you guys have this problem too and you're really positive it's the way it works? I just got the car really so if there's something wrong I don't want to call back to the dealer weeks or months later complaining...please advise, again :)

·
11,061 Posts
Here's an idea. Ask the service manager at your dealer to take you out in your car. See if it happens with him/her driving. If not, it MIGHT be your technique...
If it does, he/she will know exactly what you are talking about and presumably will be able to fix it.

Reactions: tamago
1 - 8 of 8 Posts