Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from what i read i see that the na vvti 2jz engine has a smaller con rod compared to the tt or na supra. I am building a new na engine, non vvti. And if there is an option for a lighter rod that i can pick up cheaply then i would be rather interested.

Also after ppls experiences with these rods, hp limits and so on. Also if someone has the weight of them that would be awesomw

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah i went through that thread .... I think... Im on my fone atm so its hard to view forums properly,

Im specifically after the weight comparison.

edit:
i just read all 100posts in that thread and it is evident that there are two very different types of rods. however there is no mention of the weight difference or specifically exactly how much difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
knock knock...If this has never been answered, I just swapped my "skinny" rods out for GTE rods, and still have a bunch of GTE rods to boot, I can weigh and tell you guys the difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Arzon
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing