Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im about to replace the oil pump in the is300 and was wondering if the supra tt oil pump will work without a problem and if it will be beneficial if used in the stock 2jzge? did a search but came up with nothing

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
yes that's what my son said, they are the same.
Also the crank is the same, forged.
No Oil squirters though, and different pistons.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i did some checking around and they are infact dif part numbers so im going to stick with stock if i replace it because high vol pump will be worse when there is no demand like a turbo or oil squirters, it can over pump oil to top end and leave the lower end dry. at least this is how old school cars were lol

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
well i did some checking around and they are infact dif part numbers so im going to stick with stock if i replace it because high vol pump will be worse when there is no demand like a turbo or oil squirters, it can over pump oil to top end and leave the lower end dry. at least this is how old school cars were lol
Even if the part numbers are different doesn't mean much, have to check the actual pump rotor and delivery volume.
Also a higher volume pump does no damage because the blow off valve / pressure regulator controls the Oil pressure.
But when the Oil is hot the pressure to the bearings will be higher at low rpm's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.