Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so I’m not new to any of this just to the 2jz. I’ve researched soo much and haven’t really found what I’m looking for. Mainly just generically close. I bought a JDM 2jzge complete motor and wiring and stock ecu I believe out of a 01 is300. (Has coil packs)Was a auto. My plan is to drop the motor in a older Supra or a Toyota pickup,corolla,Cressida. Haven’t decided yet but all I’m looking to do is a mild 300-350hp build in the most modest simplest way. I have a Ebay manifold and a holset hx35 already. My biggest concern is the wiring. Should I swap to a 2jzgte ecu or should I keep the stock and use a midrange piggyback? I plan on running a r154 if that helps. Any which of way I need to go I would love to simplify the wiring in general. Just leave the basics. Researc research research I know. I’m about researched out! Just someone make it simple and straight forward for me! Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
honestly would have been probably cheaper to just do a 2jzgte and kept stock twins.... that being said go with a piggyback for a ge-t. Where ever you plan on getting this tuned id ask them what ecu they suggest cause they will be the one to tune it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would be a good piggyback to go with? I’m really hoping to get some help on wiring the stock ecu back up to the basic wiring of the vehicle like ignition etc. same as gte? Should I just get a gte ecu? If it’s Easier to run 6-7 psi boost with what I have I would be ok just want some advise on hat basic set up

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Greddy Emanage Ultimate is the piggyback of choice on this forum. Its relatively cheap and effective paired with the boomslang harness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright cool. I’d rather stay with the stock ecu for now I guess. Still new to all the ecu stuff I’ve done more mechanical diesel swaps than anything. I just need someone to please send me a link or something on how to wire up the stock ecu. I’m trying to put it into something that doesn’t even have a ecu to eliminate having to do so much extra wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts