Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any idea what this tube is, and if it should be connected to something ? It's on the inlet side just down next to the power steering oil filler - easily seen from the top.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never easy searching on something when you don't know what it is, what it's called and what to search on.

Regardless I've been through what I think is the last 7 months posts and can't find any reference to this part. I've found a picture of an engine out of a wreck which has a black rubber tube on the end of this pipe so I'm pretty sure there is meant to be a connection here - just can't see where it would go. The engine has had the front off recently to have cam belt and VVTi gasket replacements, so I'm guessing this tube was disturbed at the same time.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow found it - from 2006 !!!!

so it's just a tube that runs across the front of the block - for no reason !!!

Cheers

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
532 Posts
It can be used as a vacuum tube if needed.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I believe it’s used on the GTE not on the GE, but given that it’s all the same it’s probably cheaper and easier when they were doing the design to use common parts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't feel bad, I asked the same question a couple years ago. Look closely, I think you'll find a similar tube on the opposite side. They don't connect to anything. And they don't have vacuum...

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
532 Posts
Don't feel bad, I asked the same question a couple years ago. Look closely, I think you'll find a similar tube on the opposite side. They don't connect to anything. And they don't have vacuum...
They obviously don’t when not connected to anything. But they can be connected to the IM via rubber hose. And then to say a Blow off valve or is wastegate for reference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts