Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Isn't a Gallardo a 12 second car? Not trying to put down the S2k, but just about anything (including many Civics and more than a few Hyundai Excels) can beat it in a drag race with the right setup. Mustang GT500 runs high 12s off the showroom floor. There were plenty of timeslips from stock 4th gen Camaros turning in low 12's (and I think at least one magazine test that got into the high 11's).

Sorry. I just get annoyed when something is assumed a benchmark in every aspect just because of its badge or pricetag.

-Justin

·
Registered
244 Posts
^ I think it's more that a $30k car is smashing a $250k car. Most of those low 12sec cars you mentioned are under that price and would make for a good video. Hell, a boosted miata with mods could beat that lambo.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
That's my point. You can build just about anything to beat a Lambo on 1/4 mile track.

Think about the fastest 1/4 mile cars. Dragsters are essentially an engine and some fat rear tires held together with scaffolding. The closer you get to that formula, the faster you'll run. I wouldn't want to drive a dragster around.

-Justin

·
Technical Poseur
23,313 Posts
I was gonna say in the last couple weeks I was in STL i was out riding with my friend in his 380hp FD RX-7, we walked a Gallardo. Theyre fast cars but not that fast.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If you don't want discussion, don't post it on an open forum. If you had been clearer about the car's intended use at the start, nobody would have objected. It's just that when you start talking about S2000 projects, most people assume it's not going to be a drag car.

I am curious to see what this thing does when it's through, so please keep the updates coming.

-Justin
^^ that wasn't towards you that was to people saying to boost the stock motor which is out and will never be back in
and yes I wasn't clear I ran out of time when originally putting it up

and yes its not the first I have yet to see a vvti one though

·
Registered
349 Posts
Would a boosted Miata or boosted S2000 get as much pussy as a Lambo? No way in hell so all of these arguments are stupid. Let's remember why we were put on Earth, to pursue women.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
As a drag car im sure it will blow minds, assuming he's going with a ladderback. It just seems like a waste of an awesome car to begin with. And all of my points about fucking up the handling remain valid, anyone who disagrees obviously doesnt understand vehicle dynamics. More weight sucks, more weight in front of the shock towers blows. Add in the feather light rear end of the s2k, and handling is out the window.

·
Banned
118 Posts

·
Fokai 1008
2,472 Posts
The white s2000 was bad ass in the video
This is definitely a cool project. although if it were me i would like my car to still be able to handle well.

That said, if i were to swap out the engine, i'd throw in an LS.
Yeah but its so played out. Dont get me wrong i have thought about it, but some one needs to "keep it real".

21 - 40 of 73 Posts