Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend is currently building an s2k with a vvti 2jz
seeing as how it has the heart of an is300 I though some of you would be interested.
the car is a 2000 s2000

Block is the 2jz ge out of my is300

As for the head
is300 head
bc 272's
bc springs and titanium retainers
shimless buckets

Swift racing Intake Manifold

Motor pulled out

I will put up some more stuff later

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
this is kind of the stupidest thing i've ever seen. take out an f20c, which loves to rev, weighs a full 200lbs less than the 2j, has a better transmission than the 2jz, and does excellent with low boost on stock internals, and swap it out with a pig of a motor, that doesn't do high revs without alot of work, and doesn't like boost without swapping internals and head gasket, and has to sit further forward than the original engine. they ONLY good thing i see about this swap is that the 2j is far more reliable than the f20c, and doesn't have those silly composite sleeves that make a mess of everything.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
this is kind of the stupidest thing i've ever seen. take out an f20c, which loves to rev, weighs a full 200lbs less than the 2j, has a better transmission than the 2jz, and does excellent with low boost on stock internals, and swap it out with a pig of a motor, that doesn't do high revs without alot of work, and doesn't like boost without swapping internals and head gasket, and has to sit further forward than the original engine. they ONLY good thing i see about this swap is that the 2j is far more reliable than the f20c, and doesn't have those silly composite sleeves that make a mess of everything.
Stupidest? No Ive seen way worse.

So the f20 weighs 200 less... the 2jz makes way more power. The 2j come in heavy ass cars (supra, gs, is etc) the s2k is lighter. Your 200lb difference is null.
f20 has a better trans than a supra? Sure if its a w series. R and V series? Lol no. Null there as well.

This motor is built, no stock gte internals here. Cp pistons and eagle rods.

It will be a cool car.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stupidest

says the dude with the worst looking biggest pos on all my.is

but it should be a fun car fully built block, and by alot of work to rev high you mean like a fully built head like the one pictured? I just didn't have time to put all the specs up I will put those up a bit later. But the s2k isn't my style either but its a cool swap none the less

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
hahaha^

Keep us posted with this build!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
haters gonna hate...

I'm interested to see this build. I'm sure it will affect the handling but I'm sure a boosted 2jz will have plenty of power to correct any understeer :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Im pretty sure he could care less about handling the only turning he will be doing is this car is turning into the burnout box and at the end of the track. He is basically drag / highway only with this build. Which makes doing this swap a good idea in my opinion. In case you werent at tx2k11 you should do a search on the 2jz swapped S2K there and im sure you can go tell them they are stupid as well.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
This seems like a pointless swap to me. The torque of a mildly boosted 2JZ that is awesome in a lot of cars is going to be mostly wasted in the S2k. Great for burnouts, intended or not.

The added weight (and yes, 200 extra pounds in front of the a-pillars makes a BIG difference) is going to upset the handling a bit, and the longer block hangs more of that weight in front of the front axle. This has the dual penalty of adding overall weight, and shifting weight from the rear wheels of a car that already has a light rear end.

Once it hooks up it will go like hell, but launching from a stop and getting back on the throttle after a shift will be interesting. I'd assume he's going to need to go with wider rear tires for traction. Assuming big enough tires will fit, they're also going to upset the handling.

It's an interesting project, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be trail-braking this thing into any turn without a lot of safe runoff space.

Edit: Just read that it's a drag car... so all of my complaints are not important. If you're building up the rear end for the strip, you'll get the power down.

-Justin

·
Registered
282 Posts
Waste of money and potential. S2000 come stock with forged internals. My friend is in the process of boosting his and with like 6 grand will make 600whp. on a car that weighs 2700lbs.

watch this video

s2000 making like 800whp walking 1000whp supras at a supra meet.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The s2000 isn't my cup of tea either but its a decent looking car the f20c is not going to make the power he wants it to as easy as a 2jz can

this is not a tell me if its a good swap thread I just through some of you might like to see this if not you can put your opinions in the parking lot

I will throw up some updates soon, he is looking to pick up a v2 from dezod but I keep telling him to go pro efi so we will see how the ems plays out

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
If you don't want discussion, don't post it on an open forum. If you had been clearer about the car's intended use at the start, nobody would have objected. It's just that when you start talking about S2000 projects, most people assume it's not going to be a drag car.

I am curious to see what this thing does when it's through, so please keep the updates coming.

-Justin

1 - 20 of 73 Posts