Lexus IS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
For sale thread is now up.:) Hopefully we will shoot the video soon. Im hoping by the end of this week to get it posted by middle/early next week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man I had a couple questions how much was the swap how much are you selling your 250 for? I have a 250 & almost 200k miles I wanna put a 2jzgte in it when engine fails I'm interested email me back please.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Hey man I had a couple questions how much was the swap how much are you selling your 250 for? I have a 250 & almost 200k miles I wanna put a 2jzgte in it when engine fails I'm interested email me back please.
lol @ "how much was the swap"

...like this is Forza Motorsport and it was done with the flick of a wrist.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm assuming this swap was worth more than $10k with parts and intensive labor that partook in this build.
A swap like this will be more than 10k for sure..

Cool car tho, props to the original builders!

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Did you even read the thread? Never mind, you didn't. Because if you had, you wouldn't have asked any of these questions.

We'll see you when your 250s motor fails, which it won't unless you're negligent, so we'll see you later.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #136 (Edited)
Hey man, I appreciate the interest you have in doing this swap. Parts are the least bit of the concern when trying to do this swap. Anybody can buy or find parts, but only Lance from Toyomoto knows how to successfully get the car running. He said he would do it again maybe, but for $30k in just labor. I am sure there were some corners that Lance could of cut to make things easier and cheaper when doing such a project, but as many people know, that's not the way that Lance does things. He does things right, hence the reason this car was so labor intensive for him. And then the Wiring is another story of course...

But over all, it would cost about $15k in parts to complete this car(make that 20k if you wanted to go 6-speed), and then $30k in labor. So you are looking at $45-50k to complete this project, which doesn't include the price of the car...

The price for this IS250 is $40K. It has about 37k miles on it now(34k since the swap was complete) and is daily driven by his wife.

Hopefully that answers all of your questions man.:)

UPDATE: I sold my IS300 and took over driving this car instead.

Matt

·
Registered
74 Posts
damn this is a true sleeper, lil bit more power this will be an is-f killer

·
Registered
628 Posts
$30k is too ridiculous for labor. What Lance should do is design/sell the fab parts and wiring harnesses. He'll make equal to or more money than doing a swap for someone.

121 - 140 of 147 Posts