Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
When I clicked on this link I thought I was going to witness a total fail but I am amazed. Speechless actually. Very nice, Lance is the man. I wish all the IS series would have came with a 2jz

·
Registered
90 Posts
This would be a perfect reason to buy a 250, only to take the original engine out and replace it with a 2JZ. Love it, absolutely love it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am not sure if someone has asked yet but any estimates on the total cost inc. labor to send this fella a 250 and have him bring you back one of these? If lets say he was willing to do the work again.;)

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I am not sure if someone has asked yet but any estimates on the total cost inc. labor to send this fella a 250 and have him bring you back one of these? If lets say he was willing to do the work again.;)
Has been mentioned this was well north of 200 hours of labor, so I'd imagine you're talking at least $20,000 plus parts.

Plus this was done on a base model, so likely more if you've got one with more options you want to still work after the swap.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
FOR ALL THE HATERS OUT THERE...here is a pic of the car at the virginia key beach meet 2 years ago:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
FOR ALL THE HATERS OUT THERE...here is a pic of the car at the virginia key beach meet 2 years ago:
thanks dex.:)

and as far as the build goes, its not the cost of the parts that is alot to do this swap, its the labor. There is probably only about 13-15k in parts. But as for the work, Lance said he MIGHT consider doing it again, but for atleast 30k for just labor not including parts.

81 - 100 of 147 Posts