Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
So technically you have an IS300 now... lol

Just to be neat, you should buy an IS350 badge, and make it say IS300 (to keep the 2nd gen badge look). 3 and 0 from the 350 badge to replace the 2 and 5 on your car now...

That would be badass, IMO.
Hey btw, I told my mom this because it would be nice, but she said nah, Im just gonna leave it. I wish she would though:)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Tell your mom to take a bus between the dates of March 15-March 18 and bring that lovely thing out to the Texas Supra Nationals (TX2k12).

So glad to hear that this car didn't catch fire as aforementioned.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Caught on fire? Why would you say that? lol. Its still running like the day it came out of the shop(even better now actually). Mom still drives it every day to and from work. It has gone like 17k miles so far on the swap because its a DD car. It did make 492whp back in like May. We stopped because that where the fuel system was maxed out. This car will probably never make huge power. It could if Lance wanted it to, But Lance never desired that for the car. He built it to just be a really nice DD.
Just to throw out a question that utterly misses the point, what kinda mileage does it get? :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
lextasy its not photoshopped. Alot of members on here have seen the car as well. photoshop would of been a hell of lot easier lol.

Engine management used is an AEM standalone.

and knightshade, mileage is actually not that bad on that car. it gives about 18-19mpg mixed city and highway, but thats just chillin, not beating on it.

Havent been on this thread in a while... Ill post up more pics this week for sure since people want to see it. But the car hasnt changed at all. We threw it on the dyno again a while back, like close to year ago by now because we swapped over from an AEM series 1 to a series 2. It made the a little more this time actually, 492rwhp, same boost. Runs a little smoother with the series 2 also.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
car is really dirty, but hers some pics...
only thing that has changed is the hose going to the throttle body. We put a black one, the blue one was ugly lol. and then we also painted the valve cover, it was looking tired. but other than that the car is same. its gone just over 25k miles since the swap. This car was meant to be a daily driver and nothing serious, hence the reason it hasn't really changed at all.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Matt im glad u put some new pics so people can shut the hell up!!!

photoshop my ASS... ive seen the car and have sat in there while Lance is driving it few days after the car was done.

I offered Lance 50k and he said hell no! So i asked him maybe he can build me one and he said lemme think about it lol

·
Registered
897 Posts
Matt im glad u put some new pics so people can shut the hell up!!!

photoshop my ASS... ive seen the car and have sat in there while Lance is driving it few days after the car was done.

I offered Lance 50k and he said hell no! So i asked him maybe he can build me one and he said lemme think about it lol
lol....

Matt, this is a true sleeper. very nice;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
thanks rahim, manny. Ill post the video in another 2 years lol. j/k

·
Registered
943 Posts
I laugh every time I see this car because its nuts! I mean, you're talking about a car with OEM functionality and 2JZ-GTE power! Such an amazing machine! absolutely love it.

61 - 80 of 147 Posts