Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I wonder why lexus decided to part with this one of a kind engine.
Poor fuel economy, and can't meet modern UL emissions standards.

The IS350 engine for example has vastly lower emissions, much better fuel economy, and makes the car as quick or quicker than a stock Mk4 supra.

You don't have the vast aftermarket tuning ability, but why in the world would Lexus give a crap about stuff that voids your warranty? In recent years they go well out of their way to make the cars harder to mod anyway.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry for the off topic question. Knightshade, is Lexus focusing on making the cars harder to mod to push the IS-F so that performance money goes in their pocket? Or, is more so that the market they are trying to sell to wants 3-series speed with Lexus touch?

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Sorry for the off topic question. Knightshade, is Lexus focusing on making the cars harder to mod to push the IS-F so that performance money goes in their pocket? Or, is more so that the market they are trying to sell to wants 3-series speed with Lexus touch?
Lexus (and toyota) was moving to make cars harder to mod long before they came out with the IS-F... just look at how little can be done to the IS250/350, which has been out since 2005 now... it keeps warranty costs down

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If anyone could have done this, I guess I'm not surprised it's Toyomoto (Lance).

Do all the power windows, A/C, and other things still work? I see this thread is a year old, but I missed it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Caught on fire? Why would you say that? lol. Its still running like the day it came out of the shop(even better now actually). Mom still drives it every day to and from work. It has gone like 17k miles so far on the swap because its a DD car. It did make 492whp back in like May. We stopped because that where the fuel system was maxed out. This car will probably never make huge power. It could if Lance wanted it to, But Lance never desired that for the car. He built it to just be a really nice DD.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
If anyone could have done this, I guess I'm not surprised it's Toyomoto (Lance).

Do all the power windows, A/C, and other things still work? I see this thread is a year old, but I missed it.
Yeah it all works, including drive by wire, cruise control, paddles, etc. Ill try and post some vids and pics soon, but the car hasnt changed even the slightest bit. It looks and runs exactly the same.

41 - 60 of 147 Posts