Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. Just like the title says, has anyone swapped a gte in the SportCross yet? anyone plan on doing it anytime soon?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm planing on it sometime this year, there is someone else "oldschool16v" I think said he was going to also with v161 I just don't know his timeline. Are you going to?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice man! I do plan on it sometime soon! Just gotta keep saving up some money. Was just thinking about piecing together a turbo kit and calling it a day but ever since I got my Sportcross I've wanted to do the swap.

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Don't know if it's gte but at least it's 2jz.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's sick! The Sportcross would have been awesome as an awd but I think it being a rwd wagon is what makes it so unique.

·
Registered
513 Posts
mikegrata:
The Altezza Gita could be bought with 2JZ and AWD, so I'm sure it's not a big deal to swap Gita-parts to a SportCross. Might be a bit cheaper to switch the badging and interior details, though ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha it sure would be! Funny thing is I already have the Altezza grill :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Also full bodykit (TRD or CWest) V160/161, GTE, factory fresh GGP paint job, all new factory interior, non melty dash, CD changer that work, bumping system, and the baddest wheels I can find!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
lmao! Epic! I would go with LSportline, TRD or the Elixir. Def V160,GTE, freshly painted OEM IS-F ultrasonic blue or that new grey for the ISF. Real leather and suede combo interior and also a media player. Last but not least a set of some sexy Advan racing wheels.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I'd go MSM, blacked out halo headlights, with RX projectors, AWD 5-speed from a truck or something, 2JZ-GTE BPU (to not blow tranny), TRD Altezza kit and UK grille.

My goals seem very attainable, no?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Although the thread got a little of topic, The original question has a solid answer now. I know oldschool16v had said he planned on doing a gte/161 swap, so i pm'ed him about it and another inquiry i had. And according to him he is finished.

He also said that he plans to document his build some time in the future, but hasn't so far because his English isnt good "Canadian i think". I hope im not stealing his thunder by letting everyone know, i just thought it would be good information for "our" thread.

·
Registered
79 Posts
More specifically to my interests, I'm considering a -gte/6speed swap, leaving it fairly stock usdm. My thought is if I get an engine/trans/harness and new, factory ecu from a 97-98 Supra, is it possible to burn my own vin and thereby pass emissions? Anyone do this before?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts