Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YouTube - Lexus GS300 Turbo Street Runs Vol. 2 - 2JZ-GTE Swap
Keep in mind, I have a GS not an IS :)

The car is still not quite where I want it performance wise. Speed is still not enough lol. Hopefully my new HKS T51R 700-800hp turbo coming in next week will hold my need for speed over for a while heh :D

Quick picture of the car as it is right now:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
good stuff. i remember when you first posted you said you needed a valve body upgrade so you could stop bouncing off the limiter when the car shifts. you ever get that? +REP

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
good stuff. i remember when you first posted you said you needed a valve body upgrade so you could stop bouncing off the limiter when the car shifts. you ever get that? +REP
it doesnt sound like it lol.

very nice. left hand drive aristo :)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I actually got the transmission race built by PFS. So yes that upgrade has been done. I need to raise my redline a bit so it stops bouncing off the limiter. It only does it in the 2-3 shift. Every other gear is fine right now.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
to quote some movie... "that bitch is BAD!" haha +++rep!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yo Jeff, sick shit.... I see you have upgraded a little bit since the last time I saw you at a meet.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
awesome dude!!! :approve:

DAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNN FOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

tech question, how did you get the tach to work with the swap?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
awesome dude!!! :approve:

DAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNN FOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

tech question, how did you get the tach to work with the swap?
Everyone seems to like my friends commentaries...lol

For the tach, I still have the stock ecu in there to control the gauge cluster. The AEM is tied in with the stock ecu so that it controls the fuel, ignition, and VVTi. Everything else is still left to the stock ecu.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
really nice - I luv white boosted lexus!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Very nice car. Love the sound of it. I'm surprised the cop didn't hear you making all that noise. You must be a genius to figure out all that wiring. Good choice with the technospeeds.

·
Registered
557 Posts
T51R coming soon? Niceeeee :D

Reactions: Benjamminz_IS

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
never heard the 2-3 shift stick with a VB upgrade. Hittin that limiter cannot be good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts