Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 AR5 Swap, Built NA-T, Standalone
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this account on Instagram called DodoRacingCom that make a quick spool valve and 2JZ-GE cast manifolds. Looked cool so I like some of their posts. Just today I saw something that blew my mind, they plan on designing custom runners that go from the GE head to the GTE upper plenum. They claim that it will sit just like a stock GTE. They estimate the price to be from $300 - $400. I know that adapter plates are cheaper these days, but this is next level. Hopefully their cast is tight so I don't have to spend 30 hours cutting it down to polish haha.
Automotive lighting Font Gesture Tool Auto part

Original post: http://instagr.am/p/CdHYCVgjOiJ/
What do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Dodo is a forum member, I think he's in Germany. He seems like a good gearhead.

A lower manifold/runners that jive with GE head and GTE upper plenum sounds great, but GTE uppers are getting scarce and pricey now, too... So Maybe he should plan to build uppers, too.

The adaptor to fit a GTE upper to a GE lower is not a particularly straightforward deal to install, so this could be a nice improvement.

I'll beat this drum again: torque curve is highly influenced by the length of the intake ports in the head - plus the runner length of the intake manifold. Longer = lower rpm torque, shorter = higher rpm torque. Usually, making runners shorter than oem will only be a net-benefit if you run well past the stock redline.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume this product is aimed at the na-t stock ecu crowd, I'm looking into it so I can use my GTE plenum on my GE. I suppose there's a double purpose.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys!
it took a while to realize you are talking about me here :)
I can tell a little more right now about the pricing and ETA.
The ETA just shrunk to 4 months. MSRP will most probably be 349$. Im doing the test fit with the prototype in one week, so everybody can see what he gets. I will collect pre orders
when the fitment is confirmed, probably for 249$ for everybody who spent or is considering to spend 220 for a plate with 6 holes, it should be a no brainer :)
The runner lenght will be exactly like stock GTE. if you are using a plate it its longer. Im doing a in depth comparison of all runners on my IG.
Of course the position will be exactly like on a GTE (distance to head, height, angle, longitudinal shift)
The runners will utilize OBD1 GE injectors as i think its the most desireble setup.
They will most probably be pressure cast, not sand cast which allows a much smoother finish. they could also be chrome plated.
They are utilizing the stock GE intake gasket, no o rings. The Toyota engineers knew what they are doing! the phenolic paper has very good heat insulating properties.
For the GTE plenum flange im thinking about o-rings, but then again, if one would fail its a lot easier to source a GTE plenum gasket than some aftermarket O-ring. let me know what you think about it.
And yes, plenum prices are going higher, and probably they will explode when i release the product. so if you are planning to do this, get yourself one early :D
theres other use cases for this:
-maybe you want a specific aftermarket GTE plenum
-maybe youve blown your gte and want to convert to GE for cost reasons not having to replace your intake.
I was bit shy posting stuff about my products here in the forum as im afraid to violate any rules.. if so, let me know, admin ✌

Font Liquid Auto part Pattern Electric blue

🍻 Marko

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys!
it took a while to realize you are talking about me here :)
I can tell a little more right now about the pricing and ETA.
The ETA just shrunk to 4 months. MSRP will most probably be 349$. Im doing the test fit with the prototype in one week, so everybody can see what he gets. I will collect pre orders
when the fitment is confirmed, probably for 249$ for everybody who spent or is considering to spend 220 for a plate with 6 holes, it should be a no brainer :)
The runner lenght will be exactly like stock GTE. if you are using a plate it its longer. Im doing a in depth comparison of all runners on my IG.
Of course the position will be exactly like on a GTE (distance to head, height, angle, longitudinal shift)
The runners will utilize OBD1 GE injectors as i think its the most desireble setup.
They will most probably be pressure cast, not sand cast which allows a much smoother finish. they could also be chrome plated.
They are utilizing the stock GE intake gasket, no o rings. The Toyota engineers knew what they are doing! the phenolic paper has very good heat insulating properties.
For the GTE plenum flange im thinking about o-rings, but then again, if one would fail its a lot easier to source a GTE plenum gasket than some aftermarket O-ring. let me know what you think about it.
And yes, plenum prices are going higher, and probably they will explode when i release the product. so if you are planning to do this, get yourself one early :D
theres other use cases for this:
-maybe you want a specific aftermarket GTE plenum
-maybe youve blown your gte and want to convert to GE for cost reasons not having to replace your intake.
I was bit shy posting stuff about my products here in the forum as im afraid to violate any rules.. if so, let me know, admin ✌

🍻 Marko
I'm all for using as much OEM gaskets as possible, so I say no O ring. My intake manifold requires GTE runners so I think I'll hop on that pre order list. Really looking forward to what you have to offer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts