Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Would anyone be kind enough to measure the distance between the 2JZ GE manifold pipes for me?

I want to put it on a 1G-FE with a flange change.

Best regards,
Donát

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you need cats? If not, why not go with an aftermarket header? IS200 right?
Yes IS200, I don't need a cat. The only reason is that the 2jz ge turbo manifold is much cheaper (half price) than a turbo manifold for 1g fe.

Just go to a auto parts store and buy a gasket. Then you can measure.
Unfortunately I live in Hungary, 2JZ engines are not widespread here, you can't get anything in Hungary. I can order from abroad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found two values for the distance between the centers of the two tubes. One is 71mm (2.8"), the other is 77mm (3"), which one is correct?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
If you look up the distance between the cylinders in the engine stats that should be the same as the exhaust, maybe 3-4 will be slightly different.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I found this on a free 3D CAD website (GrabCAD?), so not sure how accurate it is. I have dimensioned to the center of the "oval" shape, but personally alarm bells ring a little when the left and right sides measure slightly different. Also i am not 100% sure of the port shape in the head, is it round or oval?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found this on a free 3D CAD website (GrabCAD?), so not sure how accurate it is. I have dimensioned to the center of the "oval" shape, but personally alarm bells ring a little when the left and right sides measure slightly different. Also i am not 100% sure of the port shape in the head, is it round or oval?

View attachment 137639
This is 2JZ-GTE.

2JZ GE flange:

1G FE flange:

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
2,094 Posts
Ok so I I finally was able to go and look at the flanges. I wasn’t able to get any pictures though. Although I did take a slightly accurate measurement between each runner. I say slightly because you know it can’t be 100% perfect.

There are two headers as you know, those being bank 1 and bank 2. The spacing between each runner on the FRONT & REAR headers are 3” respectively. So the front set of 3 runners are 3” apart and the rear set of 3 runners are 3” apart.

There is a larger space between the front and rear header. This is the large space on the head that’s right in the middle of both sets of headers. This space is 5”

All of these measurements are made from center to center of each pipe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so I I finally was able to go and look at the flanges. I wasn’t able to get any pictures though. Although I did take a slightly accurate measurement between each runner. I say slightly because you know it can’t be 100% perfect.

There are two headers as you know, those being bank 1 and bank 2. The spacing between each runner on the FRONT & REAR headers are 3” respectively. So the front set of 3 runners are 3” apart and the rear set of 3 runners are 3” apart.

There is a larger space between the front and rear header. This is the large space on the head that’s right in the middle of both sets of headers. This space is 5”

All of these measurements are made from center to center of each pipe.
Thank you very much!
You helped a lot!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts