Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I found this engine with 37.000 miles on it from one of the company in Japan. Anybody knows how this engine fit to our cars? It's complete engine by the way.

It includes "Engine, Wire-harness,ECU unit,Transistor-ignitor, Power-sterring pump,Climate-control compressor,and Alternator. The compression ratio is 12.5(Best condition)."
This is a complete engine kits for swapping.

Let me know, cause I have to notify them as soon as possible.

Secondly, How much does this engine usually cost? (keep in mind, the engine has 37.000 miles)

Thank you guys!

Ceto

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know yet, but I am gonna get the engine though. I probably sell it if I am not putting it on my car.

I will let you know!

·
Registered
973 Posts
B2001AS said:
Don't know yet, but I am gonna get the engine though. I probably sell it if I am not putting it on my car.

I will let you know!
usually goes for $2000 for the whole front clip

engine and ecu and wire harness goes for like $1500

·
Registered
973 Posts
mokujin101 said:
B2001AS said:

I will let you know!
usually goes for $2000 for the whole front clip

engine and ecu and wire harness goes for like $1500
wait up i quoted u the price of a 1jz from the jap supras

2jz is way more prob in 3500-4g's

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found out that it costs between 4k to 5.5k depend on the conditions of the engine. It's A 2JZ BTW.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
you're going to find out that all of your pricing and optimism is far from correct

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
wont you have to retune your timing and fuel to run 12.5 comp on us pump gas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sentinel said:
wont you have to retune your timing and fuel to run 12.5 comp on us pump gas?
I was going to mention something about that compression ratio as well... 12.5:1 is unheard of unless the motor was been worked.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know about the compression thing. I don't really understand about it. Is that related to the ECU thing? If it does, cause it comes with it.

BTW, the exact price is $2800 shipped. How's that price IS300GTE? Since you have that swapped, I think you know about the price!

Thank's guys!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Its relative to the octane of US fuel relative to that in japan. Fuel is japan is higher so the compression on engines there is also usually higher. 11.5 : 1 is more or less the limit in the US a little higher depending on where you are in the country.

B2001AS said:
I don't know about the compression thing. I don't really understand about it. Is that related to the ECU thing? If it does, cause it comes with it.

BTW, the exact price is $2800 shipped. How's that price IS300GTE? Since you have that swapped, I think you know about the price!

Thank's guys!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
B2001AS said:
Thank's sentinel!
hey serch on this forum about 2jzgte swap. cause really i dont know to much about it. if you want more info contact gte and he will give the info u want. this engine does fit. but to put it in will be $$$!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
like i told you, it'll end up costing around 15k as a minimum

B2001AS said:

Thank's guys!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts