Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I am a newbee.

Yes, I have tried the search...

My son and I have started rebuilding a 2JZ GE from a 1993 SC300 that we will put in a IS300. I am trying to find some good engine build threads to get ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We rebuilding the head now. We will keep it stock, but with new valves, guides, etc. Even stock cams--we will change cams after everything is running and paid for. We plan on using 9:1 forged pistons (0.020 over sized) and about 15 psi of boost.

Thoughts? Advice?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, I am a newbee.

Yes, I have tried the search...

My son and I have started rebuilding a 2JZ GE from a 1993 SC300 that we will put in a IS300. I am trying to find some good engine build threads to get ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We rebuilding the head now. We will keep it stock, but with new valves, guides, etc. Even stock cams--we will change cams after everything is running and paid for. We plan on using 9:1 forged pistons (0.020 over sized) and about 15 psi of boost.

Thoughts? Advice?
If you are doing pistons might as well do rods as they are the weak point and run 30 psi+.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hold up. He said it's a motor from a non-vvti GE. That motor can handle 15 psi without forged internals. Non-vvti GE motors are extremely robust. They also have a 10:1 CR.

OP, if I were you I'd bolt up the SC300's bottom end to an IS300 head so you can take advantage of VVTI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts