Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I greet everyone here on this forum. How yall doing. I'm a mad 2jz driver. I sent my PA to take the car to change the shocks on Monday. Before my PA left my place,we had the same smoke(SK) 1 wrap. I smoked till half of the brown rizzla we rolled,and he took the rest. An hour later,he called me that when he got there,he locked the car using the central lock button at drivers side to lock the car,then abt 5 mins later,he realised he did not carry along hiss Nokia phone,so he rushed back to pick it. I was not there,I don't know what the idiot of a P.A took after he left my side,said he put the key into the drivers door hole and the key I have been using to lock and unlock the car,did not turn completely,that it turned just sideways instead of halfway. So I got angry and cursed the day light our of him,I even was blaming myself that I should have driven it directly there,but I was too tired annd s busy. So later he said a panel beater was called and the panel man was able to use a long iron to press the unlock button on the drivers side annd also placed one or two pins before the key came out by force. So now, with my two spare keys,once I place inside the drivers door hole,it will not enter completely, it will stop at the middle of the key length,facing left annd won't turn completely . So if I drive and have stop by,I can't lock the doors completely writhe key,I will have to lock all doors and leave the drivers side open. It's giving me stress cause I cannot park my 2jz in peace annd quickly go to buy something cause my drivers door is open . If I lock it,my key won't turn or open it or even enter well. So I'm here to ask,cause in the next 2hrs or so,I want to loose the door plastic from inside and see the actuator. Could it be that the anti theft protection has jammed ,which doesn't not allow my key enter completely. This same thing happened to me when I locked the boot and the boot release won't open,I had to use my spare key to turn it from the trunk before it open,then I realised the boot lock jammed,I then use a plier and hammer with soft bang to open the lock before the boot unlock button from driver side responded. Could this be the same thing that is happening to my door. Here is the picture of what I'm saying. Now I h to press the unlock know manually from drivers side to keep the door unlocked. If not ,I will be stuck in my house, on the road and wherever I drive too. Pls help me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the position of the door lock hole,that's where it stopped turning,I've tried everything I can sprayed with methylated spirit,sprayed brake oil into it,still no difference. Key won't turn completely to the left or right. I had to lie the drivers door open like that.i mean without central lock,tho 3 other doors are locked but drivers door remains unlocked. Pls what's the issue here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well,I drove to my panel beater and he said they will have to loose the actuator and carry it to repair it,with the key. About an hour ago,I ove annd pulled up,removekey from ignition. After buying what I wanted to buy after like 30mins,as I inserted the key back to the ignition, the key refused to turn to the right. I battled with the key,came down,popped the bonet and dipped the key inside brake oil,after about 10 tries,the key finally turned to the right and the car started. Now from drivers door key hole to ignition, it now transferred its problem. I regret having a PA who doesn't have sense,at age 45 a PA us daft for life . U can imagine a car key af been driving ,parking and unlocking for almost 2 years,it got to my PA turn,he spoilt everything for me. Well the panel beater said they would have to brush the key and teeth from the actuator. So I told him Saturday, I would be there. God is my witness.. I have the most useless PA on earth and for that reason,I gave him a red card annd sacked him today,for adding to my problem. Idiot personal assistant that doesn't have sense....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly, I couldn't understand most of that. Please use full words and sentences. Please only provide relevant information to your post. Sounds like your lock cylinder is gummed up. Pull it out and clean it. If it's not fixed replace it. Check the linkage to the lock to make sure it moves freely.
Sorry about my language,but I think I was direct to the point. I was angry while typing . Pls what is a lock cylinder. I am not a mechanic or panel beater but DIY,just wanted to try things out. How will I locate the locks cylinder. The car is 2years old and still in factory state,do I need to loosen out the bolts from the door panel,or should I just take it directly to a panel beater. In my bid to lock my car,the other spare key plastic broke. I'm just fed up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the key that came with the car has expired finally. I guess when my useless PA inserted the key upside down,he must have been applying force while wiggling the key back and forth. I got 40ml WD 40 and abro silicone cleaner 40ml. Sprayed almost half into the ignition with drivers door handle.trieed back and forth,still problems persists,tried turning the ignition,after 9 tries I got a blister on my index finger. It started quite alright,but the moment I removed the key,and inserted it back. It won't turn. Went to glove box,it won't turn,went to the trunk,it won't turn. But the spare two keys I cut and tried to program which didn't work,got into the ignition once and turned,got into the glove box once and turned,got into the trunk hole once annd turned
So I think I will have to look for a programmer to program the remote key once and for all. No need to waste money on any useless panel beater. I will forget the manual vallet key,forget the position of the drivers door hole key which shifted left and go for the 2 spare remote keys I have. Lexus is just too sensitive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts