Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a 61 Econoline with custom frame, IFS, IRS, airbags and now, a 2JZGTE-VVTI & auto tranny to top it off. I've read lots of build threads on 2J swaps, so I've got a good, basic understanding, but I am looking for some specifics on my setup, as JDM did not provide much info. I've checked the timing belt and fan belt so far. They both appear to have been changed recently, as there is no sign of wear, tear, chips or cracks in the grooves.

Here is #YEGRBOMB

1. Is it a 1991, based on this picture?

2. I believe the transmission is has the 'auto-stick' capabilities...Am I right?

3. Are all the cut wires out of the ECM for ancillary devices, such as windows, locks, tank sensors, etc and I don't need to worry about?

4. Does the engine mount need to be perpendicular to the ground when bolted to the frame, or does it need to maintain the angle shown in the picture?

Thanks guys, and I can't wait to transplant this thing!

WP

·
Registered
163 Posts
That should be entertaining to say the least. I had a 62 econoline with the 3 on the tree, and a mildly built 240ci engine (3/4 cam, headers, etc.) Interested to see how this comes out.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
looking at the photo on this page with the color of the valve cover, bump, and letters, the motor appears to be VVTi which didn't come until 97+ Aristo.

I would go standalone... if its VVTi Aristo motor you can use IS300 harness or ECU meant for IS.

The mounts on either side will maintain that angle

I'm building a 61 Econoline with custom frame, IFS, IRS, airbags and now, a 2JZGTE-VVTI & auto tranny to top it off. I've read lots of build threads on 2J swaps, so I've got a good, basic understanding, but I am looking for some specifics on my setup, as JDM did not provide much info. I've checked the timing belt and fan belt so far. They both appear to have been changed recently, as there is no sign of wear, tear, chips or cracks in the grooves.

Here is #YEGRBOMB

1. Is it a 1991, based on this picture?

2. I believe the transmission is has the 'auto-stick' capabilities...Am I right?

3. Are all the cut wires out of the ECM for ancillary devices, such as windows, locks, tank sensors, etc and I don't need to worry about?

4. Does the engine mount need to be perpendicular to the ground when bolted to the frame, or does it need to maintain the angle shown in the picture?

Thanks guys, and I can't wait to transplant this thing!

WP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking at the photo on this page with the color of the valve cover, bump, and letters, the motor appears to be VVTi which didn't come until 97+ Aristo.

I would go standalone... if its VVTi Aristo motor you can use IS300 harness or ECU meant for IS.

The mounts on either side will maintain that angle

Thanks whatthe.....I was under the assumption the black box of wires, etc had everything I needed. Clearly I need to do some research of standalone swaps.

WP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts