Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Wouldn't I sound distorted to another if it were speaker volume or mic sensitivity?
Works fine with my previous phone.
Not necessarily, its a matter of the combination of the sensitivity, and speaker volume.
Try this, leave the mic sensitivity as is. Now put a call up, and then set the speaker volume until you dont have echo.

If that does not work, or the speaker volume is too low.

Then change the mic sensitivity, lower it a bit, and repeat the above step with the speaker volume.

Do this till you have a happy medium between speaker volume and mic sensitivity.

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
Not necessarily, its a matter of the combination of the sensitivity, and speaker volume.
Try this, leave the mic sensitivity as is. Now put a call up, and then set the speaker volume until you dont have echo.

If that does not work, or the speaker volume is too low.

Then change the mic sensitivity, lower it a bit, and repeat the above step with the speaker volume.

Do this till you have a happy medium between speaker volume and mic sensitivity.
Will give that a shot, thx! Bigger problem is people hearing every other word. Yet the calls work fine when not in bluetooth mode. Do you think the echo is causing the distortion on the other end? Didn't think the 2 problems were related.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Will give that a shot, thx! Bigger problem is people hearing every other word. Yet the calls work fine when not in bluetooth mode. Do you think the echo is causing the distortion on the other end? Didn't think the 2 problems were related.
it can cause it to mute, if the mic sens is set too high. Also, are your air-vents pointing up? If I have the AC going with the air vents pointing up, then yes, the mic begins to mute, and people hear every other word.

If, i am on a call, I set the air vents to point straight down basically and override the A/C ans set it at LOW. Works best that way.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
It's more like they're hearing every few words, not as much that my converation is being muted.... but I'll mess with it a bit.
Thx! :)
The only thing that has me totally in a loop is that you had no issues with your previous phone right?

I have used a bunch of phones, all have worked flawlessly. I am beginning to think it may be an iPhone issue, or compatibility issue.

See, thats what happens when you go to the dark side! ;)

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
The only thing that has me totally in a loop is that you had no issues with your previous phone right?

I have used a bunch of phones, all have worked flawlessly. I am beginning to think it may be an iPhone issue, or compatibility issue.

See, thats what happens when you go to the dark side! ;)
Hmmm, but many others with the I-phone are having no sync problems in their Lexus' :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Caller ID displayed "sometimes"

I have a IS250c. An Motorola Atrix. Most of the time I just "Incoming call", twice I've seen a caller ID. Even the number's I've seen before often don't have a caller ID.

Anyone know if this is a phone or car setting. Answering the phone on speaker without knowing who is calling is never a good thing.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
You'll have to upload your phone contacts to get the caller ID feature to work as the phone interface is not as good as the one I used in a new model Nissan. On that model it used the full features built into the phone for all communications,...which is pretty cool :)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts