Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
The issue is with the format PDA's use to store the contact information. It is not compatible with the format lexus stores the information. Most PDA's use a format compatible with Outlook as typically you sync to your computer address book or your server address book.
So, go ahead and just say it...

"Stop being lazy and put the entries in manaually". LOL

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
So, go ahead and just say it...

"Stop being lazy and put the entries in manaually". LOL
You said it! Not me ;)

That is what I ended up doing, but just a few contacts, the ones that I use the most.

·
Registered
787 Posts
You said it! Not me ;)

That is what I ended up doing, but just a few contacts, the ones that I use the most.
The amount of time I spent fiddling with it, I could have put the phone book in twice!!! My wife says it is just a poor excuse to spend more time in the car!:bigSmile:

·
Registered
23 Posts
My iPhone wasn't on the list but it works, however my Sony Ericsson S500i doesn't work. I kept getting connection failed after I input the passcode in everytime. Sometimes my Sony Eericsson S500i can't even detect the lexus handsfree singal. (2 out of 10) Hopefully someone can help me to set up the bluetooth with my Sony Ericsson phone.

Thanks

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Any I-phone users out there?
iPhone, blaw...come over from the dark side! Get an Instinct, costs less and it is just as functional, if not more than an iPhone.....

Yes, this is a shameless plug for the Instinct. :)

BTW, it connects effortlessly with the IS. Gotta try sync'ing the address book...

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
iPhone, blaw...come over from the dark side! Get an Instinct, costs less and it is just as functional, if not more than an iPhone.....

Yes, this is a shameless plug for the Instinct. :)

BTW, it connects effortlessly with the IS. Gotta try sync'ing the address book...
I'm intrigued.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
I'm intrigued.
Go to a store, you will not be disappointed.

If you had a Sprint account, I would lend you mine for a month or so. I have other phones that I can connect on my line.

BTW, it does transfer the contacts from the phone to the car, only drawback is that you have to do it one by one. I have not figured out how to transfer the entire address book yet.

If the IS had the Bluetooth capability for video, the Instinct would be able to transmit video from Sprint Tv to the display screen...bummer. :(

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Go to a store, you will not be disappointed.

If you had a Sprint account, I would lend you mine for a month or so. I have other phones that I can connect on my line.

BTW, it does transfer the contacts from the phone to the car, only drawback is that you have to do it one by one. I have not figured out how to transfer the entire address book yet.

If the IS had the Bluetooth capability for video, the Instinct would be able to transmit video from Sprint Tv to the display screen...bummer. :(
Have never had good luck with Sprint, I'm really liking ATT's 3G network. And I like that the I-Phone uses wifi to save data costs etc. But I will check out the phone.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Have never had good luck with Sprint, I'm really liking ATT's 3G network. And I like that the I-Phone uses wifi to save data costs etc. But I will check out the phone.
Data costs? Its not unlimited??????? That kinda sucks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have any problems with the person on the other end of your phone conversation complaining that they are not catching every word you said, as if the Mic was dropping?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
You will need to turn up the sensitivity of the mic. Press the start button twice with your foot off the brake, and then while holding down the "info" button, cycle the head light switch until the NAV screen goes into the hidden menu. Select menu, then "bluetooth tel check" there are options there for adjusting the send and receive volumes.

Or go to the dealer he may do it for free.

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
I have issues as well. No matter what volume setting it is, it seems like I have to almost yell for people to hear me, as a matter of fact if the volume is up past 2 it sounds worse. Also if the air cond is on past half it sounds like I talking in a wind tunnel.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I have issues as well. No matter what volume setting it is, it seems like I have to almost yell for people to hear me, as a matter of fact if the volume is up past 2 it sounds worse. Also if the air cond is on past half it sounds like I talking in a wind tunnel.
Your NAV bluetooth MIC volume may be set too high, have you guys tried adjusting it in the hidden sevice menu or taking it to the dealer if you can't get it tuned to your liking?

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Your NAV bluetooth MIC volume may be set too high, have you guys tried adjusting it in the hidden sevice menu or taking it to the dealer if you can't get it tuned to your liking?
Tried adjusting... did notice the I-phone isn't listed on Lexus' website as compatible.

Also, does anyone else hear a slight echo in their car when talking on I-phone in bluetooth?

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Tried adjusting... did notice the I-phone isn't listed on Lexus' website as compatible.

Also, does anyone else hear a slight echo in their car when talking on I-phone in bluetooth?
That has to be either your speaker volume or mic sensitivity are set too high.
Have you tried it with another phone?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts